Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone have any tips or advice on renting properties in Sydney? I've heard you need all sorts of information to supply the agent with before you begin your rental application but I've struggled to find out what that info is?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's been a while since I rented but try contacting one of the real estate agents to find out what information you need to give them. From memory, you need to give them evidence that you earn money so pay slips from previous months would help. Landlords will want to know your earning power, your occupation, basically they can ask for any information about you, whether you are single, with kids, etc. The landlord decides at the end of the day between the applicants. Usually they will pick the one with the better salary/occupation. The real estate agent might need proof of previous stats as well. You will need to pay one months bond upfront. Hope that helps. Check out domain.com.au or realestate.com.au for more info on renting.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow 6 weeks band and 6 weeks rent! I'd hoped my company would cover the bond in my relocation package although t seems that they will only pay for 30 days temporary accommodation from an approved hotels list... I'm sure a bond is cheaper!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Think we met all the dodgy landlords in NSW, not one would accept less than 6 weeks! this is despite me pulling out the fair trading new tenants card, I was swiftly shown the door lol.
Don't be afraid to report these real estate agents or landlords to fair trading. It clearly states here that no more than 4 weeks bond should be taken. See link:

Taking a bond - NSW Fair Trading

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.