Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and my partner are looking to come to spain for 6 months.
there are several properties available in the area we would like but im just unsure on what extra bills we have to pay ?
is SUMA paid by the owner or the renter ?
I understand the normal gas/elect etc is required

Any information with regards to renting in spain - costa blanca would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Myself and my partner are looking to come to spain for 6 months.
there are several properties available in the area we would like but im just unsure on what extra bills we have to pay ?
is SUMA paid by the owner or the renter ?
I understand the normal gas/elect etc is required

Any information with regards to renting in spain - costa blanca would be appreciated.
There is NO SUCH TAX as SUMA - so many people make this mistake. SUMA is the company that collects a variety of taxes for the government.

Do you mean IBI (council tax)? If so, then this is normally paid by the landlord.

All utility bills are the responsibility of the tenant (normally) as it depends how much is consumed.

Sometimes the tenant also has to pay BASURA (waste collection) and, in some areas, there is an ECO tax as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, take NOTHING for granted. The only real answer to your question is to ask each and every landlord / letting agent what applies to each individual property. I think it's reasonable to say that most will include everything except elec' and water as it makes sense to keep things simple for short term lets but again, ASK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts