Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
We are hoping to move to Cyprus later this year, we will rent for a year to see if we like it, we are looking for help/info on the basics like, has anyone taken cats with them, who did you use, did they arrive ok, what did you do about transport when you arrived, did you buy a car, take your own or take out a long term rental, I have repeat prescriptions in UK, Kodak you have the same in Cyprus, if not what do they charge for medicine, can anyone suggest someone to arrange shipping of furniture, finally what,s the best solution to money matters, do we use our UK bank or open a Cyprus bank
That,s the lot for now, hope someone can help us
Look forward to hearing from you
Cath & Den

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Those are a lot of questions all at once Cath:)
Many people bring their cats and dogs here without any problems.
As far as brining a car it really depends on the car. How new it is, what its value is etc. If it is an older vehicle it might not be worth the shipping costs. I would always recommend a 4wd here as the roads are terrible and there are so many wonderful places to see where a 4wd would be better than a saloon.

As for bank accounts, look at the thread on Barlcays bank.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/cyprus-expat-forum-expats-living-cyprus/802594-barclays-bank.html

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
Hi,
We are hoping to move to Cyprus later this year, we will rent for a year to see if we like it, we are looking for help/info on the basics like, has anyone taken cats with them, who did you use, did they arrive ok, what did you do about transport when you arrived, did you buy a car, take your own or take out a long term rental, I have repeat prescriptions in UK, Kodak you have the same in Cyprus, if not what do they charge for medicine, can anyone suggest someone to arrange shipping of furniture, finally what,s the best solution to money matters, do we use our UK bank or open a Cyprus bank
That,s the lot for now, hope someone can help us
Look forward to hearing from you
Cath & Den
For the cat I would use AIApet. AIA Pet Travel | Airbridge International Agencies. They also have a representative in Cyprus that can help with pickup and such if the cat does not come on the same flight.

The Kodak brand is not sold in Cyprus but many medicines have other names here

If you want to know the medicine prices look here. It is the prices over the counter in all pharmacies for prescription drugs

(moderated)

Anders

1 - 3 of 3 Posts