Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i m coming to dubai this summer and will be there for several years...but my employer do not take care of housing procedures...

I am told that to rent an appartment in Dubai, i need a residency permit...i also need that permit to open my bank account (unless i open at NDB bank)

It may take weeks (months ?) before that permit is issued

So at the beginning i could only do the monthly rentings appartments , since i saw they are there on dubizzle

My question : which documents are usually required when you want to rent for 1 month , passport is it sufficient or is it as strict as long term renting ?

Also, since upon arrival i wld have no account, is it accepted in those short term renting to pay in cash ?

Thx

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
The short term rental offers that you are getting are probably "unofficial" (that is, not authorised by the landlord) and I doubt you would need to sign any piece of paper for it. So you would probably be paying in cash.
In case you are looking for other options, I saw Ibis al Barsha advertising some room for 169++ (= 200 dhs per night I think). For a month I am sure you can even get a better deal.
ibis Al Barsha hotel: Book a hotel in DUBAI

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Short term, serviced appts do not require a visa. You can pay cash if you want.
Very easy to open a non-resident bank account at EmiratesNBD - you only need your passport. Can be opened same day and you get a debit/ATM card.
Your res visa should only take a week.
You can rent long term and get DEWA etc connected with a letter from your sponsor confirming that your visa is being processed.
The bank however will not allow you a cheque book until you have your visa and you will need a cheque book to pay post dated cheques for the rent for long term rental.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanx very much rsinner and wandabug for the fast reply

i will check on that hotel i see it's on sheick zayed road so probably not too far from the Marina where i will work.

wow i didn't know agents would rent appartment withouth the lanblord NOT to be in the knowledge lol

Dubai is it the Far west lol

And good to know that resident visas take around a week, i will definitely consider NDB bank

paying in cash can be a quick option but if it's done behind the back of landlord and without any kind of receipt delivered to the tenant, then i miht as well stay away from such option ah ah

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
the one month rentals are generally from people who have a spare room. Sometimes some agents do offer them (and I see some ads on dubizzle), but only registered hotel apartments can offer such rentals legally - as wandabug already mentioned, you don't need a resident visa for them.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Marina Hotel Apartments do monthly rentals as does Raddisson Blue at The Marina. Both very nice.
Also close to The Marina is Liwa Heights and The Bonnington at Jumeirah Lake Towers.
All the above are fully Serviced Hotel Apartments with monthly rates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.