Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can some one guide how to secure rental property within first few weeks of arrival? Esp if you are landing in Sydney without job. are bank statements with proof of capacity to pay enough - since you dont have employer reference letter yet ?

Also please suggest short term rentals till you find your first home.
any pointers will be v appreciated.

thanks
Nish

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hi

Can some one guide how to secure rental property within first few weeks of arrival? Esp if you are landing in Sydney without job. are bank statements with proof of capacity to pay enough - since you dont have employer reference letter yet ?

thanks
Nish
Following websites can help you find short team accomodation

airbnb.com
realestate.com.au
gumtree.com.au

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi

thanks
Nish
Very tricky exercise! Agents usually ask for employment evidence, references of former landlords, pay slips etc. When I came to Australia last time I had a job and it was still difficult. A letter of my Employer helped stating how much I earn and how long I would stay in Australia for.

Other than that I heard that offering not only the regular 2 weeks rent in advance but more ( 2 or 3 months) might help.

Good luck! I am facing the same situation in about two months time!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks all guess will play it by the ear :( once I am there

·
Registered
832 Posts
Very tricky exercise! Agents usually ask for employment evidence, references of former landlords, pay slips etc. When I came to Australia last time I had a job and it was still difficult. A letter of my Employer helped stating how much I earn and how long I would stay in Australia for.

Other than that I heard that offering not only the regular 2 weeks rent in advance but more ( 2 or 3 months) might help.

Good luck! I am facing the same situation in about two months time!
Is it that tough to find accommodation?

·
Registered
16 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts