Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi: I don't know how else to do this because I have looked all over the web. My husband I want to stay in Oaxaca for Dec. '12 and Jan. '13. We'd like to be within walking distance of the Zocalo. Would prefer a 2bed 2 bath place. Can you get me in touch with someone who would know about rentals? I would appreciate it very much.
Barbara
__._,_.___[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hi: I don't know how else to do this because I have looked all over the web. My husband I want to stay in Oaxaca for Dec. '12 and Jan. '13. We'd like to be within walking distance of the Zocalo. Would prefer a 2bed 2 bath place. Can you get me in touch with someone who would know about rentals? I would appreciate it very much.
Barbara
__._,_.___
[/QUOTE]

You should ask on Mexico Connect if you haven't already. Lady named Geri is the resident expert on Oaxaca. Also Google Craigslist Oaxaca. When you pull up that page you can click on English in upper right corner.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should ask on Mexico Connect if you haven't already. Lady named Geri is the resident expert on Oaxaca. Also Google Craigslist Oaxaca. When you pull up that page you can click on English in upper right corner.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'll do that.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Barbara
__._,_.___
[/QUOTE]

Try Googling a few Spanish words/phrases:

se renta Oaxaca

casa en renta Oaxaca

Oaxaca alquiler

etc. etc.

Should bring you to some local Spanish language classifieds pages.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try Googling a few Spanish words/phrases:

se renta Oaxaca

casa en renta Oaxaca

Oaxaca alquiler

etc. etc.

Should bring you to some local Spanish language classifieds pages.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I'll do it.
b

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check Craig's List Oaxaca. You could also post a Housing Wanted note there. I live several kilometers outside the city and, although there are furnished bungalows and casitas here, you said you wanted to be downtown. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oaxaca expat organizations

Check Craig's List Oaxaca. You could also post a Housing Wanted note there. I live several kilometers outside the city and, although there are furnished bungalows and casitas here, you said you wanted to be downtown. Hope this helps!
Thank for the advice. Since you live there, are there any organizations for expats? Or residential areas where they tend to live?
Barbara

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I've always found that Alvin Starkman seems to be on top of everything in Oaxaca. He infrequently posts here but has a lot of articles out on Oaxaca.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.