Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am looking to move to Downtown Burj Dubai in the new year.......can anyone offer advice on pricing there.....

Have the rents there come down like they have done in other areas......could you give examples?

Currently dubizzle has listings for between 70k-100k for 1 bed apartments, how much were there 6 months ago?

Is it likely they will come down further.........any landlords on here care to comment or agents?

Thanks

B

·
Registered
27 Posts
I live in Downtown Burj Dubai
My rental last year for 2 bedrooms apt was 185K
This year is 175K, it didn't dropped much but at least that was something.

I don't think they rents are going to keep droping at all. In fact, I beleive soon they'll start rising up again afther the opening of Burj Dubai on 09/09/09 and the economical situation wich for the optimistics seems to be slightly pick up again.

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
Burj Dubai is opening same day as the Metro 09/09/09?

My mates just took an amazing 2 bed with direct view over the fountain., he's paid 130k.

Yes prices are still dropping and payment is becoming flexible (he paid in 4 cheques)...

·
Registered
362 Posts
The Burj Dubai isn't opening until 02/12/09 (UAE National Day)

IMO prices are still coming down, we paid AED170k for a two-bed in April and these are now going for AED130-140k, there is more accomodation available now Burj Views has opened, and as Andy says landlords are willing to be much more flexible with numbers of cheques.

I can recommend a couple of good agents who cover the area, PM me if you would like details.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Burj Dubai isn't opening until 02/12/09 (UAE National Day)

IMO prices are still coming down, we paid AED170k for a two-bed in April and these are now going for AED130-140k, there is more accomodation available now Burj Views has opened, and as Andy says landlords are willing to be much more flexible with numbers of cheques.

I can recommend a couple of good agents who cover the area, PM me if you would like details.
All right thanks for the info.
I was convinced that Burj Dubai was going to open same day as the metro.
Anyway, good to know.
I look forward to going up there to the observation platform soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.