Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Me again, can I throw this one in and see what ideas I get. Lets say for example our container leaves UK on the first of the month and takes 2 - 3 weeks to arrive in Cyprus. Do we:

A. Stay in UK in a hotel at up to £100 a night and then fly out after 2 weeks or so or....

B. Book a cheap self catering holiday that starts as near we can get it to the date of the container leaving these shores and use the two week holiday as a recce for banks, shops etc having already sorted out a rental property, the rental period commencing as near to the containers arrival as we can, or...

C. Find a rental property that is furnished that the landlord wil arrange to be unfurnished when our stuff arrives, ( A long shot I know)

Any ideas, views would be appreciated

H

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
Hi,
Me again, can I throw this one in and see what ideas I get. Lets say for example our container leaves UK on the first of the month and takes 2 - 3 weeks to arrive in Cyprus. Do we:

A. Stay in UK in a hotel at up to £100 a night and then fly out after 2 weeks or so or....

B. Book a cheap self catering holiday that starts as near we can get it to the date of the container leaving these shores and use the two week holiday as a recce for banks, shops etc having already sorted out a rental property, the rental period commencing as near to the containers arrival as we can, or...

C. Find a rental property that is furnished that the landlord wil arrange to be unfurnished when our stuff arrives, ( A long shot I know)

H
I would go for B.
C is a definite no goer.

Veronica

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi,

H
Hi i'd go for B aswell there are plenty of agents and empty rental properties about it only took me about 3 days to get into mine once i'd looked at it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
B. Once your belongings leave you will probably want to leave too and start your new life and get set up so not A. I would rent the furnished place for 2 weeks with the possibility to extend in case of delays with your shipment or just to take a few days to set up your new home.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi

I'd go for B and take your time and find the area you want to live in and if it's that cheap just use one way and find a Villa some will take furniture out my friend who has just moved here done this and when her furniture arrived the landlord took his furniture out. Make sure your container people have told you about all the hidden charges once your container is here as mine didn't I have been here 6 weeks now my container cost £1550 and took 5 weeks 1 day at this end they wanted another 956 euro's and I was told in the Uk it would only be 250 euro's. We are all settled now and love it here good luck with the move

Cherie x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.