Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allora, I'm in Rome looking at apartments. I saw this in an ad: Informazioni catastali
Rendita € 1.188. A friend said that "concerns something connected with the escrow agent/notary." As its money it's undoubtedly something I would have to pay but I'm wondering exactly what it is.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Allora, I'm in Rome looking at apartments. I saw this in an ad: Informazioni catastali
Rendita € 1.188. A friend said that "concerns something connected with the escrow agent/notary." As its money it's undoubtedly something I would have to pay but I'm wondering exactly what it is.
A cadastre (also spelled cadaster), using a cadastral survey or cadastral map, is a comprehensive register of the real estate or real property's metes-and-bounds of a country.[1]

Based on the above I think it is the fee you may need to pay to have the land survey documents. I think it is a one off payment but it will provide you with a map outlining the boundaries of the property and/or land. I think it may also be the documents which relate to what exactly the land/property is legally registered to be used for i.e. agricultural, commercial, residential etc.

I could also be completely wrong but that is what it appears to be. Either way, I doubt it is an optional extra so would probably apply to all purchases and vary depending on the size of the purchase.

Hope that helps.

Kenzo

·
Registered
7 Posts
My understanding is that it is the imputed rent, by the tax authorities, that is estimated for a property. That imputed rent is the basis of the annual taxes as well as the tax paid on sale/transfer of property as well.

So, if an apartment has a cadastral value of €1,188, the cadastral value of the property is that times 126 so the apartment has an assessed value of €149,688 and, if the property is to be sold, the tax paid by the buyer would be 2% if it is a primary residence, otherwise 9%, upon purchasing the apartment. The annual taxes are usually somewhere in the vicinity of 1-2% of the assessed value.

I think quoting it for rental is more for information purposes/reference but I am less familiar with rental terms than purchasing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A cadastre (also spelled cadaster), using a cadastral survey or cadastral map, is a comprehensive register of the real estate or real property's metes-and-bounds of a country.[1]

Based on the above I think it is the fee you may need to pay to have the land survey documents. I think it is a one off payment but it will provide you with a map outlining the boundaries of the property and/or land. I think it may also be the documents which relate to what exactly the land/property is legally registered to be used for i.e. agricultural, commercial, residential etc.

I could also be completely wrong but that is what it appears to be. Either way, I doubt it is an optional extra so would probably apply to all purchases and vary depending on the size of the purchase.

Hope that helps.

Kenzo
The cadastral map is made by a geometra and is the basis of the valuation of the property. It is kept on file in government offices (every housing unit in Italy has to have a plan and a valuation). The rendita relates to estimated rent and is not a fee for the geometra. That fee needs to be paid by the owner if the property needs to be re-surveyed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts