Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

I would like to know if it is possible to rent a room in the city and what are the restrictions when u rent a room

I understand renting a whole apartment has many advantages like cooking but is way too expensive for a single person to afford...

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Please ONLY use PM for personal info since this forum works so well because members share information. So if you are discussing rooms and rentals please leave the discussion on the forum.

Thanks,
Karen

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi

To the unit you will need to collect 100 points and for that you need to have various documents like

if you have got the job or working in the company

1. Copy of your employment contract
2. Bank statment
3. Pay slips (if you dont have this then above mentioend things will do)
4. Ids proofs (If you are student then student ID)
5. Passport copy
6. Refernce (if you have any)

the difficult thing is that there is too much compition in certain areas or suburb so you need to be on time when there is inspection.

The inspcection generally happens working day and if unit or studio apartment still available then they schedule the inspection over the week end!!

based on my exp I would say that it is always good carry above documents and submit the same on the same day, if you take more time then chances are very less that you get it.

One more thing I forgot to mention is that oyu will need to have 4 weeks bond + 2 weeks rent in advance and agency dont accpet the cash so it would either bank cheque (Demand draft) or money order.

Please let me know if you need sample copy of the application I can share the same with you

For the rooom there are various site available (I am not sure wether I am allowed to name those or not).

Please send PM

Regards
Jiggy

Please ONLY use PM for personal info since this forum works so well because members share information. So if you are discussing rooms and rentals please leave the discussion on the forum.

Thanks,
Karen

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Which city were you looking at?

Dolly

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hi

To the unit you will need to collect 100 points and for that you need to have various documents like

if you have got the job or working in the company

1. Copy of your employment contract
2. Bank statment
3. Pay slips (if you dont have this then above mentioend things will do)
4. Ids proofs (If you are student then student ID)
5. Passport copy
6. Refernce (if you have any)

the difficult thing is that there is too much compition in certain areas or suburb so you need to be on time when there is inspection.

The inspcection generally happens working day and if unit or studio apartment still available then they schedule the inspection over the week end!!

based on my exp I would say that it is always good carry above documents and submit the same on the same day, if you take more time then chances are very less that you get it.

One more thing I forgot to mention is that oyu will need to have 4 weeks bond + 2 weeks rent in advance and agency dont accpet the cash so it would either bank cheque (Demand draft) or money order.

Please let me know if you need sample copy of the application I can share the same with you

For the rooom there are various site available (I am not sure wether I am allowed to name those or not).

Please send PM

Regards
Jiggy
Thanks Jignesh,

I think you should post the URL as everyone would be benifited here.. we understand that you are not doing any advertisement (LOL)

best regards,

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thank you for your comments.. :) (but you never know what people think at what time --- :D )

Let me know if someone can guide I can put process for renting in sticy notes or some where with links

Waiting for reply ---- (from moderators / owener )

regards
jiggy

Thanks Jignesh,

I think you should post the URL as everyone would be benifited here.. we understand that you are not doing any advertisement (LOL)

best regards,

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Jiggy:

As it's a reply to a question you can post a few URLs. Only if you were advertising for yourself and no one asked for it would it be a violation of the forum rules.

Thank you for your comments.. :) (but you never know what people think at what time --- :D )

Let me know if someone can guide I can put process for renting in sticy notes or some where with links

Waiting for reply ---- (from moderators / owener )

regards
jiggy

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
You can also check out the sticky at the top of the forum page "A list of things to do when you arrive". It details the points list and also gives some tips on getting a rental etc.

Dolly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts