Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know any car dealers that do rent 2 own on cars?

Have read a little on the internet that this is getting more common here in spain.

But I cant find any when searching on google.

Have tried "alquiler con opcion a compra" rent with option to buy, with no luck.:(

·
Registered
19,449 Posts
Yeah, I used coches and vehiculos but havent found anything useful. Have searched for hours..
Well, the only other things I can say is that sometimes I've heard people use the word leasing instead of alquilar con opción a compra, and that I know someone who leases a car, but in the Madrid area, so it does exist, but may not be widespread.
I have seen information about Hertz doing something, different makes of car (so going to the showrooms might be what you have to do), and references to doing this with second hand cars...

·
Administrator
36,756 Posts
Well, the only other things I can say is that sometimes I've heard people use the word leasing instead of alquilar con opción a compra, and that I know someone who leases a car, but in the Madrid area, so it does exist, but may not be widespread.
I have seen information about Hertz doing something, different makes of car (so going to the showrooms might be what you have to do), and references to doing this with second hand cars...
yes - according to this report Hertz are/were the only company doing it

Hertz presenta Rent 2 Buy: alquiler de vehículos con opción a compra « Autofácil

it might be worth approaching smaller rental companies though - my husband used to lease his car & a couple of times when they were replacing the fleet he was offered the car he had been driving at quite a good price (especially since he was the only one who had ever driven it!) - but he preferred to continue leasing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts