Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have decided to buy a property for renovation/development in and around the Alcala La Real area (Granada/Jaen Borders). We are not willing to take on a complete ruin but something which is at least structurally sound. We have contacted a number of agents in the area to see what they have to offer.

However if anyone 'out there' knows of someone we should contact or anyone selling privately please let me know.

All other help and advice welcome.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
We have decided to buy a property for renovation/development in and around the Alcala La Real area (Granada/Jaen Borders). We are not willing to take on a complete ruin but something which is at least structurally sound. We have contacted a number of agents in the area to see what they have to offer.

However if anyone 'out there' knows of someone we should contact or anyone selling privately please let me know.

Hi Alan

Good luck with your search!!! exciting times !!!

Im sure you know this already ;) but please please please make sure you engage the services of a reputable / local / knowledgable Spanish Lawyer ... there are always risks - but with renovation properties (campo properties) it can be a minefield, particularly when you are considering buying something to renovate / extend.

Sue x :ranger:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Have you tried this site? I set it at 20kms and came up with loads. Widen or lessen the range to suit.
Property for sale within 20 kilometres radius of Alcala la Real Jaen Spain real estate
I have found many real estate agents to be very lazy so it may be worth your while to keep going back to agents every now and again to remind them you are still looking. I really have no idea how many agents I bombarded with emails but I know it was a lot but I got very few replies and it was not because I required such specific type of house.
Let us know when you start your project. I'm always interested in knowing how people get on with renovation projects because I'm a builder.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
yeah, well you linked the same one a couple of posts up!???

Jo xxx
Just trying to be helpful Jo!

You can tell a lot about a company by how they present themselves on the internet.

If they can't be arsed to project a professional shop window to the world.....then what does that tell you about them?

Obviously that particular company are professionals by the image they project.....plus I have heard numerous good things about them.

Good to see a Brit business delivering the goods rather than just playing at it.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Just trying to be helpful Jo!

You can tell a lot about a company by how they present themselves on the internet.

If they can't be arsed to project a professional shop window to the world.....then what does that tell you about them?

Obviously that particular company are professionals by the image they project.....plus I have heard numerous good things about them.

Good to see a Brit business delivering the goods rather than just playing at it.

Indeed :rolleyes:!!! :focus:

·
Registered
572 Posts
If you PM me your buget and any special requirements I will can see what we have on our books

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.