Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm a Canadian, married to a French guy since April, 2012. I've received my recipissé for my demande de renouvellement de c.d.sejour and am now summoned to the Prefecture with my husband this coming Thursday, with all documents (originals) used to make my application this August. However, I stupidly did not keep a list of every document I used for that application, and rather filed them back into my filing box. I am now quite worried about not bringing the appropriate papers, and contacting the prefecture about this is probably out of the question. Has anyone else dealt with something similar? Any advice at all?
I feel quite irresponsible today, and now I'm worried that my demande will be rejected...

·
Administrator
50,421 Posts
Check the Service Public site to see what they say is "required" (your local prefecture can always add to the list, but this ought to give you a good idea, and is vaguely "authoritative")

Délivrance automatique de la carte de séjour "vie privée et familiale" - Service-public.fr (about half way down the page under Conjoint de français)

Renouvellement de la carte de séjour temporaire ou du visa long séjour valant titre - Service-public.fr

And do check the website for your local prefecture. They may have some list of documents you need to bring with you for the renouvellement. Be very very certain to bring with you your contrat d'accueil et d'integration and all the certificates you got for attending the various classes. If you haven't gone through the full round of those, you may need to make an appointment with the OFII to finalize things. But as the spouse of a French citizen they can't really refuse you the carte de séjour (though they can always give you another hoop or two to jump through).
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.