Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My name is Marian from Melbourne. I want to study French from Beginner to Extensive 16-20 weeks in 2013. I love to live in a family host environment near GEFOR School in Rennes. I am in my early 40s, IT worker, a Catholic and a Non-smoker. I love cooking and drinking wine. I don’t mind cooking dinner for 2-3 days a week (mostly Indochina meals). I don’t mind help with the English conversation or home works and vice versa.

I hope anyone know or have a spare bedroom (walking distant to school)... Please help me. I will pay room boarding and food. Some weekends, I will do some travels with friends touring France.
Thank you
Kind regards
Marian

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dear Sarah,
Thank you very much heaps

Kind regards
Marian
Hey Marian,

When I first moved to Rennes I took some very good French classes at a little school in the centre of town called Langues & Communication. I recall it being rather expensive (for my rather modest means at the time) but exceptionally good in giving me solid base from which to start. I didn't speak a word of French before I arrived.

With regards to accommodation, I'm not sure what you'll find here on the expat forums, but certainly leboncoin, as Sarah said, is a place to start. If you place an ad there you might get a few responses. I've known a few people who have made similar arrangements (staying with a family, working with English communication and occasionally cooking) but those seem to have been formally arranged au pair situations, and were generally done by young people straight out of university. Not sure if that's what people are looking for, or just what happens to be available. Not sure also if that's something you'd be interested in doing.

Best of luck searching for a place, and well done on choosing Rennes, it's a pretty part of the country.

all the best,
Glen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear Glen,

Thank you for your advice school & info. Just hope my brain can cope with the intensive course. Always love to study French but afraid of jumping from comfort zone.

Thanks heaps
Marian :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.