Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am due to renew my titre de séjour in June at the Vannes préfecture. My American neighbor told me to be prepared to shell out 106 euros in fiscal stamps. What is that for, and, in my case, would I have to pay? I am an American married to a Frenchman and on a vie privée et famille status while she is a single retired American.

Thank you and aloha,
hulagirl:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

·
Administrator
51,544 Posts
Ah, nothing in this life is free - at least not if you're a foreigner in France!

Renouvellement de la carte de séjour temporaire ou du séjour du titulaire d'un visa long séjour - Service-public.fr gives you a list of the fees for "renewing" a titre de séjour

As the spouse of a French citizen, you'll have to renew annually until you meet the residence requirement for taking French nationality (i.e. in your case, 4 years - so 3 renewals after your initial year on the "etiquette" in your passport). At 4 years, you can get a carte de residente (and the price list for that one is here: Première demande de carte de résident ou "résident longue durée - CE" - Service-public.fr) that is good for 10 years.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you - can't find a document

Ah, nothing in this life is free - at least not if you're a foreigner in France!

Renouvellement de la carte de séjour temporaire ou du séjour du titulaire d'un visa long séjour - Service-public.fr gives you a list of the fees for "renewing" a titre de séjour

As the spouse of a French citizen, you'll have to renew annually until you meet the residence requirement for taking French nationality (i.e. in your case, 4 years - so 3 renewals after your initial year on the "etiquette" in your passport). At 4 years, you can get a carte de residente (and the price list for that one is here: Première demande de carte de résident ou "résident longue durée - CE" - Service-public.fr) that is good for 10 years.
Cheers,
Bev
Thanks Bev for your quick response. Yikes, I am supposed to bring six documents and I can't find one. It is the Contrat d'accueil et d'integration. Is that the one they gave us during our OFII visit? What do I do?:confused2::confused2:

·
Administrator
51,544 Posts
Ooh, of all the documents, that Contrat thingee is probably one of the key ones. Yes, it's the thing you signed at your OFII appointment. And from a few reports we've had here on the forum, they don't issue copies of the thing.

OK, where did you put all your paperwork from the OFII visit? You really need to find that.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found it

Ooh, of all the documents, that Contrat thingee is probably one of the key ones. Yes, it's the thing you signed at your OFII appointment. And from a few reports we've had here on the forum, they don't issue copies of the thing.

OK, where did you put all your paperwork from the OFII visit? You really need to find that.
Cheers,
Bev
:clap2::clap2:
I found it in the folder with all the other documents. It was hiding. Thanks Bev for making sure I have that one.
xoxo, Hulagirl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.