Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

I need to renew my spousal visa under the new rules, however, I am on maternity leave and had my son in late January.

Will I need to add him as a dependant even though he was born in Britain and his father, my husband is British?

Will I need to go through the process of proving my relationship again or will just my marriage certificate suffice?

Will I still have to show we meet the financial requirement/provide bank records and will it matter that I'm on maternity leave?

Also, is the correct application FLR Further leave to Remain?

Also, which is better, post or premium service? How do you apply for premium service?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and apologies for all the questions, the website for it is a bit confusing.

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
He needs to be mentioned as your child but elsewhere you state he is British.
Just evidence of living together with 6 pieces of official correspondence addressed jointly or separately.
Yes, you need to meet the financial requirement again. If you need your income to meet it, you can submit your income prior to starting your maternity leave. Read FM1.7.
Yes, FLR(M) form.
Most go for premium service at £400 extra. You book your appointment online, pay your visa fees and health surcharge of £500. Postal service can take around 2 months, and you can't travel as your passport is with Home Office.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joppa. What is the best way to prove finances? My husband makes well over the financial requirement, do I need to show my salary as well?

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Thanks Joppa. What is the best way to prove finances? My husband makes well over the financial requirement, do I need to show my salary as well?
Who is the sponsor - your or your husband?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.