Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Came to UK from USA on fiance visa January 2014, married shortly after and our FLR visa is now up for renewal.

We are looking to apply for priority service since we are traveling in the next few months and require a quick renewal of visa. I'm just looking for advice on the documents required.

1) Now the health surcharge has been introduced I understand that we apply for that first online, and then online book a priority appointment. Will they do the biometrics in person?

2) We apply using "Application to extend stay in the UK as a partner: form FLR(M)" not the VAF4A since we are already in UK, is this correct? Do we still need the sponsorship document ??

3) We live in a house that my father owns outright, we live here rent-free. Do we just provide proof my father owns the property such as title deeds and a letter from his lawyer, property evaluation, and a letter to say he gives us permission to live here rent free?

4) Together,we both make above the financial requirement. This month (August) we are 30 pounds short due to my husband breaking his arm and being unable to work and for a few days he received no pay. I found this section in the financial requirements so although applying in September we will take into consideration 6 months before the sick leave:

5.5.19. Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission
to work) is in receipt of maternity, paternity, adoption or sick pay, or has been so in the 6
months prior to the date of application, the relevant date for considering the length of
employment and the income from the employment can be either:
The date of application; or
The date of commencement of the maternity, paternity, adoption or sick leave.
But the specified time periods for any other sources of income that are being combined
with the employment income will remain as otherwise set out in Appendix FM-SE and
this guidance.

from this, we look to apply from February 2016 to July 2016 even though we are applying in September. Is this correct? For proof of illness we will provide doctors note, letter from employer explaining he was on sick pay provided by our company.

5) and to prove we are still in a marriage we have letters such as council tax bills from our old apartment and from when we moved into our house, household bills, holidays taken, family events, and holidays booked for future together.

Can someone please provide information on whether we are understanding this correctly or if we are missing any information which may be beneficial? I'd greatly appreciate information especially for 4).

Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
1 You book a premium appointment online and as a part of that you will pay the health charge. DO NOT pay the health charge first!

2 flr(m) is correct

3 That sounds correct.

4 Not sure on that, would make sense if he was on long term sick leave but i dont know the details.

5 You need the 6 pieces of correspondence listed in the form. Holidays, family events and future hols dont help with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5 You need the 6 pieces of correspondence listed in the form. Holidays, family events and future hols dont help with that.
Thanks for your reply it means a lot. In regards to above, can you give an example of 6 pieces of correspondence? or where I can find more information? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 You book a premium appointment online and as a part of that you will pay the health charge. DO NOT pay the health charge first!
I'm on the website

visas-immigration.service.gov.uk

and applying for the premium service to renew the FLR (m) visa. After putting in my personal information it is then asking for the Immigration Health Surcharge number.

Is this the correct process?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.