Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have received my PR (GRANT NOTIFICATION) on November 2016 and entered (Fisrt Entry) to Australia on Feb 2017 . As my current passport was expiring on September 2017 , I applied for a renewed passport and received it today.

Could anyone please guide me on what is the procedure to be followed when you have a renewed passport (with a new passport number with old number referred on the same).

Kindly help.

Regards
Arun

·
Registered
25,728 Posts
Hi,

I have received my PR (GRANT NOTIFICATION) on November 2016 and entered (Fisrt Entry) to Australia on Feb 2017 . As my current passport was expiring on September 2017 , I applied for a renewed passport and received it today.

Could anyone please guide me on what is the procedure to be followed when you have a renewed passport (with a new passport number with old number referred on the same).

Kindly help.

Regards
Arun
Here you go

You can do it online easily

https://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/online-forms-immiaccount-update-details

Cheers

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for you quick response.

Just curious to know , after the update of new passport details will there be any processing or action from Australian immigration department , I mean will I be getting any new GRANT notification letter with the new passport details entered ?

Regards
Arun

·
Registered
25,728 Posts
Thanks for you quick response.

Just curious to know , after the update of new passport details will there be any processing or action from Australian immigration department , I mean will I be getting any new GRANT notification letter with the new passport details entered ?

Regards
Arun
You can check in VEVO that your new passport has been updated or not

Cheers

·
Registered
76 Posts
In my case, 476 Graduate Temporary visa, I got a new GRANT notification letter after updating my passport. I'd expect the same for PR.

Regards
Arun

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can check in VEVO that your new passport has been updated or not

Cheers
Thanks for your response.

As you have suggested I verified the visa and passport detail on VEVO providing the Visa Grant number and passport detail. But I could see that VEVO is displaying the visa details when I am giving the old passport details as well new passport detail .

Is this the right behavior \ expected change after we update . I was thinking that it will replace my old passport detail from the system.

Regards
Arun

·
Registered
25,728 Posts
Thanks for your response.

As you have suggested I verified the visa and passport detail on VEVO providing the Visa Grant number and passport detail. But I could see that VEVO is displaying the visa details when I am giving the old passport details as well new passport detail .

Is this the right behavior \ expected change after we update . I was thinking that it will replace my old passport detail from the system.

Regards
Arun
When ever you travel, the immigration officers and the Airlines will punch in your new passport details.
They also see what you see in VEVO
As long as they can see your visa with the new passport, you are safe.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.