Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are non EU citizens and currently living as Expats in Paris with my husband as he is posted here since a year. I am a non working dependent and in the process of renewing my carte sejour which expire in 5 Jan,14. I received a letter from the Prefecture in Paris to visit on 19 Nov with my current card and passport. Would anyone know what is the process after that? How long it would take to receive the new card - can I get it in the same day? I need to visit my home country in mid Dec and have my air tickets. Any changes is not only going to be expensive but mostly disappointing! Some advice on what can we expect on the timeline would be surely appreciated...

·
Administrator
50,415 Posts
About the only thing I can guarantee is that you won't get your renewed card the same day. (Things take time in France.)

What you can do is to mention to the person you speak to at the prefecture that you have travel plans in mid-December. They may be able to issue you with a recippissee (a receipt) for your renewal dossier, which you can show (if necessary) on your return.

Or just ask them what you should do on your return if your card hasn't been issued by the date you are flying.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.