Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I will renew my CDS in July. My wife is not in CDI contract , she's having a 6 month CDD, because of the nature of her job (company provide service per project based, although the project is ongoing ) CDI not possible but it will be renewed by another CDD after this one ends in November. first time application we provided a CDI which somehow ended in November last year. For the renewal what will be the duration of my CDS, somewhere its saying minimum 1 year and maximum 5 years. Also I seen in a french site after a 2 year higher education(masters) in France Its possible to apply for naturalization. Please help me out if the information is correct..thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
50,465 Posts
What is your wife's status - French national, EU national or non-EU on a work visa of some kind?

Generally speaking, you renew for one year at a time for the first 3 to 5 years before you get any longer options. But it can depend on precisely what CDS you're on.

The two years of higher education in France is tricky. Yes, the residence requirement is cut to 2 years if you have a graduate level diploma. But you still have to fulfill the other requirements for naturalization, including "assimilation" which seems to include having found a job in your field after completing the graduate degree and hanging onto that job through the naturalization process (which takes up to about a year).
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Bev,
Thanks for the quick reply.. My wife is British citizen . Excercising her right to free movement in eu.
Cheers .

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also please advice if CDD a problem renting house where I'm already getting CAF APL nearly 280 euros per month as a student . Thanks again

·
Administrator
50,465 Posts
Can't guarantee anything - but with your wife an EU citizen, I would expect you could get a full one-year renewal. It depends a bit on the prefecture, but as I understand it, that should be the usual procedure.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts