Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My wife is returning g to the UK for the summer in early July with our daughter, they will be out of country until early September when the schools return. Both their visa's expire on 28 Aug 17, when they are still in the U.K.

Do you think it would be possible to get their visa renewed before they leave the UAE? Or are we going to have to cancel the visa, and then apply for a new one. If we cancel her visa, can we apply straight away to have it renewed, or do they have to leave the country within 30 days of cancellation?

Hope someone can she some light on this.

Cheers

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi everyone,

My wife is returning g to the UK for the summer in early July with our daughter, they will be out of country until early September when the schools return. Both their visa's expire on 28 Aug 17, when they are still in the U.K.

Do you think it would be possible to get their visa renewed before they leave the UAE? Or are we going to have to cancel the visa, and then apply for a new one. If we cancel her visa, can we apply straight away to have it renewed, or do they have to leave the country within 30 days of cancellation?

Hope someone can she some light on this.

Cheers
Hi,

Is your family under your sponsorship ??? Is your Visa renewed..?? If both the answers are yes, then you can renew the visa before the expiry. You can renew the Visa 3 months before the expiry if I am correct.

My wifes visa was expiring in March but I renewed her in October, so no worries.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Sunder, yes my Visa is renewed, yes they are currently in country, and yes hey are under my sponsorship.

Hope you are correct, I will give it a go!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts