Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

Hi, I'm au pair girl in Segonzac, small village in Charente, since Septembre 2016. My visa long sejour valant totre sejour (VLS-TS) mentioned etudiant will be expired on 25 July 2017.
I want to extend my au pair stay. My current hostfam proposed me once, and I agreed, I even booked the RDV in the prefecture of Charente in Angouleme. The RDV is almost 1,5 months past my visa's expiration date, and when I emailed the prefecture about this, asking if I have to get something like a récépissé in order to stay in France while waiting for the RDV, they said that the confirmation letter of RDV is enough.
But later my hostfam canceled the plan of extending the stay because their family situation is a little complicated.
So, I found a new family that lives in Conflans Sainte Honorine, Yvelines. I met the family and we signed the contract and prepared the documents for DIRECCTE. We agreed to start on 25 July 2017.
I booked the RDV via online, and the first available date that I could get is on 5 Septembre 2017, so it's also past my VLS-TS's expiration date. I emailed the prefecture of Yvelines and asked the same questions, but they didn't reply. I tried to call but always failed.

Friends, do you think that I could use my confirmation letter of RDV to stay in France just like my recent prefecture?
Is there anybody who have the same situation as me?
And I'd like to know, what is the documents needed for the VLS-TS au pair's renewal?
In the service-public.fr , they asked for :
1. new contract au pair
2. inscription definitive cours des francais (I've enregistered in to french course in Paris , the class will start on September)
3. photos
4. timbres fiscaux 49EUR
The site said that the prefecture might asked for additional documents. I wonder what are those additional documents?
For VLS-TS etudiant renewal, they asked for proof of insurance. Must I provide one too? I'm wondering since my visa is mentionne etudiant, although my situation isn't one.
Kindly know that I don't have security social, my hostfam didn't register me with one. Which is strange, honestly. Because they supposed to give me that, right?
I really hope your kindness to help me, please~

Sorry for mistakes here and there, English isn't my 1st language.
Excuse my long thread, I tend to blabbering sometimes.

Kind regards,

·
Administrator
53,146 Posts
It sounds like you're doing all the right things. Basically the prefecture can ask for any other documents they feel they need to evaluate your situation.

As an au pair, your host family is supposed to see to your insurance - either through the sécu or through their own insurance carrier (if, for example, they are foreigners on private insurance). You need to sort that out with your host family before your appointment. (Or see if it is mentioned in your new contract.)
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the quick response.
I'm wondering what are those documents. I wanted to get all the possible documents needed ready, to avoid any inconvenience.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm still in my first hostfamily. And it's my 1st hostfamily that didn't give me securite sociale. When I asked the hostdad about this, he told me to find information about how to register. He acclaimed that he declared me in URSSAF though. I will finish my stay with them in two months, and only now that he told me to get the SS.
My future hostfamily promised that they will assign me to securite sociale.
Did I do all the necessary thing?
Do you think I could stay in France until the RDV on 5 September 2017 using the RDV confirmation letter and my expired Visa (on 25 july)?
Enlighten me, please~
Thank you...

·
Administrator
53,146 Posts
We've had a couple of queries in the past about au pairs changing jobs, but I don't know if we've had anyone return to tell us how things went with the prefecture on "renewal." Let's see if we can attract the attention of someone who has some direct experience and see what they have to say. (I'm going to change the title of this thread to see who we can attract.)
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.