Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear guys,

Starting this thread to discuss the changes in the VISA policies made by the Australian governing bodies. Following are the occupations removed from the list of eligible skilled occupations on 1 July 2017:

Occupation ANZSCO code
Equipment Hire Manager^ 149915
Fleet Manager^ 149411
Picture Framer^ 394212
Property Manager^ 612112
Psychotherapist^ 272314
Real Estate Agent Principal^ 612113
Real Estate Agent^ 612114
Real Estate Agent Representative^ 612115
Ship’s Engineer 231212
Ship’s Master 231213
Ship’s Officer 231214
University Tutor^ 242112

Hope this information is of help.

Cheers,
Aafy

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dear guys,

Starting this thread to discuss the changes in the VISA policies made by the Australian governing bodies. Following are the occupations removed from the list of eligible skilled occupations on 1 July 2017:

OccupationANZSCO code
Equipment Hire Manager^149915
Fleet Manager^149411
Picture Framer^394212
Property Manager^612112
Psychotherapist^272314
Real Estate Agent Principal^612113
Real Estate Agent^612114
Real Estate Agent Representative^612115
Ship’s Engineer231212
Ship’s Master231213
Ship’s Officer231214
University Tutor^242112

Hope this information is of help.

Cheers,
Aafy
Would it affect the applications lodged already for these occupations? Say someone lodged it a month back when these were present?

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you have received an invite against an EOI application than that individual is not impacted.

The individual is impacted in case just EOI application is lodged. In this situation he will no longer be able to receive any invite.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you have received an invite against an EOI application than that individual is not impacted.

The individual is impacted in case just EOI application is lodged. In this situation he will no longer be able to receive any invite.
My occupation went under this caveat head. What does it mean for me? I've lodged visa and had co contact on 15th may 2017. Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question
http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/...lled-occupations-lists/caveats-on-occupations

·
Registered
23,952 Posts
My occupation went under this caveat head. What does it mean for me? I've lodged visa and had co contact on 15th may 2017. Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question
Caveats on occupations

If you have already lodged the visa and paid the fees, you are not affected

CO will contact you in due course if he needs any documents from you

Cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
My skill is also removed but I lodged my application on 18 April'17. Hopefully the final outcome of application will not be effected. Would it effect the processing time ? since skill is no longer required in Oz, would my application be put in the parking lot for long halt .
Appreciate your views .
Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,952 Posts
My skill is also removed but I lodged my application on 18 April'17. Hopefully the final outcome of application will not be effected. Would it effect the processing time ? since skill is no longer required in Oz, would my application be put in the parking lot for long halt .
Appreciate your views .
Regards

I remember a member complaining that because his occupation has been removed from the eleigible list, his application was delayed in processing

It may be the case or even not because there are several cases which are delayed more then a year also even if the occupation is not removed

Anyways no use speculating over it as there is nothing you can do it about it
QUe Sera Sera

Cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
I remember a member complaining that because his occupation has been removed from the eleigible list, his application was delayed in processing

It may be the case or even not because there are several cases which are delayed more then a year also even if the occupation is not removed

Anyways no use speculating over it as there is nothing you can do it about it

QUe Sera Sera

Cheers

Hi
Thanks for your reply . Do u happen to remember his sub class ,mine is 189. I would imagine that delay could be to a particular sub class but overall all applicants under particular sub should be treated equal . But again like u said no point speculating over something which is beyond your control .

Cheers

·
Registered
23,952 Posts
Hi
Thanks for your reply . Do u happen to remember his sub class ,mine is 189. I would imagine that delay could be to a particular sub class but overall all applicants under particular sub should be treated equal . But again like u said no point speculating over something which is beyond your control .

Cheers

You cannot generalise the applications even within the same class

It's not First in First out
It's the quality of the application which matters
If you have submitted all,the documents required and you have a fool proof case, your application would be processed much faster then some one who may have submitted months earlier then you but has insufficient evidence

Then there is a question of character clearance where your file can be stuck for months for no apparent reason

Too many variables

Cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had CO contact me on 29th May asking for PCC , which I submitted on 17 June.
I have been to Australian on couple of occasions for work and also as a visitor . I am currently holding valid Oz visa . Hope it plays a part in speedy character assessment .
I don't think there should be any problem with work experience points .

Problem is that I took off from work to oversee my visa application as I was scheduled to work overseas .
Waiting can be frustrating , hope they convey their decision in next few weeks .

Cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is there anyone who has applied for 189 visa, application is in assessment stage but skill has been removed from SOL .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts