Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, we have just started our 176 state visa for australia and i have 3 children. 2 are from a previous marriage one 16 and one 10, there father will not give his consent for them to move so i am taking it to court and am representing myself. i have statements on housing,schooling,proposed income/expenditure,the reason for moving,the area we will be moving too, is there any other evidence that i need???

·
Registered
346 Posts
Did you try to talk with legal aid (or territory aid depending on where are you at). They provide free advice on family issues

G

·
Legal aid wont be covered for such private law cases in the UK. Though the father might get legal aid to fight it.

You need evidence of why the move is in the best interests of the child rather than the relationship with the father and more importantly how you will strive to keep the relationship with the father going given the distance.
Will you ensure child calls him daily, weekly, monthly etc at your cost. Will you fly child back to UK at your cost to visit father, if so how often and how can you be sure you can afford to keep it up? Would you choose to fly father to Australia instead? What about relationships with others such as fathers parents, letters, presents etc etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thankyou, i have had advice from legal aid but im not entitled to it hence doing it myself, i have proposed contact statement, there father lives in germany with work for the past 3 years and only sees my children for a few weeks in summer and a week over the xmas period, i think i have covered everything the court will want to know, i was double checking really so hopefully nothing will go wrong

G

·
Sounds like you do and given he sees them infrequently anyway being overseas you would stand a better chance especially if the contact would remain similar and not going from every weekend to once a year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.