Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone . :clap2:
First time on the forum .We are moving to the Tomar area in November ,can anybody recommend a removal company .We will only be bringing boxes with personal belongings , crockery,pots pans etc.So no furniture or anything to bulky or heavy . Hopefully someone can help.Thanks :)

·
Registered
999 Posts
First time on the forum .We are moving to the Tomar area in November ,can anybody recommend a removal company .We will only be bringing boxes with personal belongings , crockery,pots pans etc.So no furniture or anything to bulky or heavy . Hopefully someone can help.Thanks :)
Hi and welcome,
we found it cheaper to buy an old Transit and drive it here ourselves. Mrs Silvers sister used a transport company and it cost her £2500 for a 3 bed semi size load. We have their number if you need it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
We found a website called Load up, you can PM me if you would like details or i am sure a search engine would find them.

You post your a request online that you need boxes taken from A to B, and within hours we had companys calling us with quotes.
W
e had so many contact us we even challenged them to start beating the other quotes!!!

Found it to be a cheaper option for our furniture than going direct to a removal company :)

Good Luck with the move ... not long now :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi siobhanwf, I would be VERY interested in your man from Bomborral, as we are hoping to move to that area shortly when our house sale goes thru'.

So please can someone advise how to do the pm bit as I am not much good with IT and don't know how to do it

Many thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi siobhanwf, I would be VERY interested in your man from Bomborral, as we are hoping to move to that area shortly when our house sale goes thru'.

So please can someone advise how to do the pm bit as I am not much good with IT and don't know how to do it

Many thanks
If you click on Siobhan's name it should give you the option to send a PM.

Not sure about this forum, but some say you have to of posted a few times before you can send private messages.

If you have trouble next time i see her i will get the details for you. :) :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
sending a PM

Many thanks
Hi again.. to send a PM .. click on the top right where it says "private message" under the WELCOME XXXXXXX

then on the control panel on the left hand side go to PRIVATE MESSAGES - 4th panel down.
Click on "send new message" you are then ready to send you NEW PRIVATE MESSAGE. make a not of the user name you wish to send the PM to first :clap2: :clap2:

·
Banned
905 Posts

Hi Siobhanwf and all

Where do Virus's, Junk mail and spyware come from?

Leaving a full email address is a dangerous thing to do. This Forum like others is visited by things called Bots some from Google others from Msn and others from who knows where. They are programs designed to gather information.

When you receive email and you do not know or understand how these people get you address could it be you have left your email for others to see. Look at the email address below. Take care how you leave your email address if you have to. Most people looking at the email address below would understand what has to be done to send the email address correctly.

siobhanwf <at> sapo.pt

Practice safe emailing.

Peter

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have sent you an e-mail Siobhan as I don't have the facility yet to pm. Hopefully when I have posted a bit more it will kick in

Thanks
kim

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Hi Siobhanwf and all

Where do Virus's, Junk mail and spyware come from?

Leaving a full email address is a dangerous thing to do. This Forum like others is visited by things called Bots some from Google others from Msn and others from who knows where. They are programs designed to gather information.

When you receive email and you do not know or understand how these people get you address could it be you have left your email for others to see. Look at the email address below. Take care how you leave your email address if you have to. Most people looking at the email address below would understand what has to be done to send the email address correctly.

siobhanwf <at> sapo.pt

Practice safe emailing.

Peter

Thanks for the advice Peter.
Luckily I have a system that blocks spyware and junk mail etc that is very efficient but I take you point. TA!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi chriskathleen :)

You can find removals at reasonable costs from UK

For packed goods :
Algarve Removals
Uk: 01 245 468 888
Pt : + 44. 01 245 468 888

For sensitive or non-packed goods:
Trans-Portugal
Uk : 20 8807 6677
Pt : + 44 20 8807 6677

Hope it helps ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks every body for your help with the removals question .All replies were brilliant , we now have choices and are deciding on the best option for us . Anyway we will be in Portugal in November finally for good .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts