Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am hoping that there may possibly be someone here who can answer my question.
I got with my partner in 2006, He is a US citizen, and i'm from England.
We married in the UK in 2008, and we were saving enough for me and our son, and my daughter from a previous relationship, to move there. As the process started though, I freaked out at the thought of uprooting, and our marriage broke down. We divorced last year.
Thing is. We really love each other, and want to give our relationship another chance, for us, and our children (he took my daughter on as his own from when she was very young).
My question is this.
We would like to remarry, in the USA, and then file to stay whilst we are over there. How hard would this be, with us having divorced previously?

Thank you in advance
Antionette

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
naughty girl trying to beat the system

2 choices ... he can file now for a Fiancee visa
for a fiancee visa
K1 Visa Process Flowchart and Timeline

US Citizen can apply for a special visa to allow a non-citizen (their fiancée) to enter the country in order to get married to a US citizen inside the US.

Once issued, the K1 visa will allow the non-citizen to enter the United States legally, for 90 days in order for the marriage ceremony to take place. Once you marry, the non-citizen can remain in the US and may apply for permanent residence. While USCIS processes the application, the non-citizen can remain in the US legally
The US citizen income must meet the require minimum to fulfill the affidavit of support
currently$19400

or get married in the UK an he files in the US for a spousal visa

spousal visa CR1
Immigrant Visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (IR1 or CR1)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much! Very helpful. Do you know if the divorce will affect us though?

I'd also like to know how I'm trying to beat the system lol

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Thank you so much! Very helpful. Do you know if the divorce will affect us though?

I'd also like to know how I'm trying to beat the system lol
just them thinking you are a procrastinator ,,,it wint make a difference

"We would like to remarry, in the USA, and then file to stay whilst we are over there."
cant do that...
well you could file and then return home and wait

1 - 5 of 5 Posts