Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends,

Recently I got an offer from HK company with 45K/month... Right now am working in India.. And am gonna stay with my mom and we are completely vegetarians.... Also, we neither drink nor go out to pubs and all the stuff... Could anyone please give me an idea if the salary would be sufficient? Also am looking for places around wan chai.... Thanks once again..

Cheers,
Vi..

·
Registered
24 Posts
why are you taking your mum with you? It will double your expenses because you will need a 2 bedroom.

You can get a small 1 bed in wan chai for < 20k so if you dont drink you will be fine. But if you need a 2 bed I think you will struggle.

If there is no other reason other than a cultural yearning to be molly coddled by your mum I would say man up and come alone and that salary is fine. If there are other reasons then yeah you could survive but 2 bedroom rent will kill you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Boroboy.... I cannot leave my mom here :( so i certainly want her with me.... Also how about the security for women there?

·
Registered
24 Posts
security is fine mate, no worries for females.

But on that salary with your mum to look after you might be better off staying in India. you should calculate your expenses and think carefully.

·
Registered
10 Posts
to be honest, if you don't go out to pubs or anything, you are better off staying on kowloon side or even new territories and rent is usually a bit cheaper there, even for two bedrooms. it's pretty convenient to travel to and from the hong kong island on MTR.

i would say its pretty safe for women here in HK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts