Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be relocating to Cyprus Tala area in Dec 2009/early Jan 2010. We will be long term rental initially so our agent will assist in the set up of the utilities etc.

Any tips on the following would be appreciated:

Residents application process.
Opening Bank Accounts in Cyprus
Buying a car/Insurance - recommendation for dealers in and around Paphos area would be appreciated.
Shipping of personel effects into Cyprus
When reading above information on websites - all sounds straight forward but I have my doubts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
We will be relocating to Cyprus Tala area in Dec 2009/early Jan 2010. We will be long term rental initially so our agent will assist in the set up of the utilities etc.

Any tips on the following would be appreciated:

Residents application process.
Opening Bank Accounts in Cyprus
Buying a car/Insurance - recommendation for dealers in and around Paphos area would be appreciated.
Shipping of personel effects into Cyprus
When reading above information on websites - all sounds straight forward but I have my doubts.
Residents application can be done within 4 Months of entering Cyprus so no need to hurry there, that can be sorted when you have done everything else.

You just need to go to Tala council offices and register with them for your water and rates to be done.

Cyta have a good broadband with house phone.. Not a bad price for here and broadband is good enough to work from home with, if need.

Bank accounts quite easy to open. Passport and house address needed. set up direct debits for water and rates, get paperwork filled in with Tala Council.

Buying a car is easy, There is a large number of good dealers around., They do all your paperwork for you, Registration and tax plus a full M.o.t. i use Atlantic Insurance for my home and Car. Car insurance includes breakdown cover.

We used Copsey removals from the UK. Excellent company to use, they packed all items and got them into Cyprus. No damaged items and no hidden costs.

Getting the eliectric set up can be a bit of a nightmare, but just keep calm and it will sort itself out.

I live in Tala and it all takes time but you get there in the end. Just go with the flow as they say. Happy living in Cyprus.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for the tips - we have a logistical nightmare on our hands as we are finishing work here in Thailand and shipping some items from here and also we have storage items in UK, we are fortunate that our company will arrange for this to be delivered to Cyprus but there is still loads of paperwork. I think I will get several notarized copies of legal documents and loads of passport size photo's.

Thank you also for the car info very useful.
Regards,Maureen

·
Registered
48 Posts
Many thanks for the tips - we have a logistical nightmare on our hands as we are finishing work here in Thailand and shipping some items from here and also we have storage items in UK, we are fortunate that our company will arrange for this to be delivered to Cyprus but there is still loads of paperwork. I think I will get several notarized copies of legal documents and loads of passport size photo's.

Thank you also for the car info very useful.
Regards,Maureen
Glad some of it was usefull for you. Yes Pasport photo,s are a must over here, but there photo shops here were you can get them done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.