Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

In a few months time i would be relocating to Cyprus from Dubai, where i have stayed for just over 20 years.

I had tried to search for the following online, but never got exactly what i wanted... i hope some of you would be able to assist me :confused:

1. Here in Dubai, you have auto loans, but somehow on all of the cyprus banks website... there is no mention of the word 'auto loan', rather most of them seem like personal loans. Please correct me if im wrong, and also what are the on going interest rates for such loans?

2. Average rentals for a 1 bedroom apartments in Limassol? im not looking for something too lavish, just a relatively new apartment in a secure neighbourhood, esp since my wife mite have to alone at home while im away.

3. What would be the bank to go for as far as timely service is concerned? Also, which international banks do exist in Cyprus, the greek controlled part ie.

4. I had seen something about racism in Cyprus, is it something i need to be wary of? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Arsalan
If you have a trawll through some of the threads on here also some of the stickys at the top of the page you should find every thing you need, Ref Racism no matter in the world you will find it, but i must admitt i have never seen any in Cyprus, hope that helps

Monty

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
I agree with Monty. I have seen no evidence of racism here although I am sure there will be some as it is impossible to escape it totally anywhere these days.

Veronica

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
totally agree with you on the racism, i guess i didnt look at it from that perspective...

thanks for your help ppl! appreciate it!

·
Registered
841 Posts
It is everywhere, if you do come across it, I think it is more a case of ignorance or naivete here though. A friend of mine was in Greece - she is a Phillipino/American diplomat - lived in US all her life (parents adopted her from Phillipines) and locals in Greece used to pull up next to her while she was walking and ask if she or anyone in her family needs work to clean their houses!! It can happen to anyone, anywhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is everywhere, if you do come across it, I think it is more a case of ignorance or naivete here though. A friend of mine was in Greece - she is a Phillipino/American diplomat - lived in US all her life (parents adopted her from Phillipines) and locals in Greece used to pull up next to her while she was walking and ask if she or anyone in her family needs work to clean their houses!! It can happen to anyone, anywhere.
well i have seen a lot in dubai as well, as in racism shown by locals against literally every other race... but never anything like hate crimes like u get in other countries, my primary concern was that to be more specific... wat u mention above is definitely disgraceful, but i guess like every1 else mentions... there r the so called black sheep in every part of the world which u do come cross from time to time :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.