Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to relocate to UK as an immigrant without Job Offer? I am currently working and residing in Qatar and would like to immigrate UK on a permanent basis. I am looking for an agency who can help me with this.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
You can't live and work in the UK without a visa. You need to have a job with a registered sponsor who can sponsor you for a Tier 2 work visa which you must obtain before arriving in the UK. Unless your job is on the shortage occupation list or you have some extraordinary and rare talents, you'll find it a difficult if not impossible task.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was actually thinking like any immigration scheme in Canada that even without job offer one can apply for migrant visa based on certain qualification though it takes like years

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol. No worries man! Am not that rushing. Just considering UK as one of the best options.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
I was actually thinking like any immigration scheme in Canada that even without job offer one can apply for migrant visa based on certain qualification though it takes like years
The UK discontinued its Highly Skilled Migrant program a couple of years ago. Tier 2 work visas are job specific so you must have a job with a registered sponsor before you enter the country. Your options are limited to a spouse visa, student visa, work visa or investor or entrepreneur visa. Investor and entrepreneur visas require you to have a significant amount of money to invest in or start a UK company.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The UK discontinued its Highly Skilled Migrant program a couple of years ago. Tier 2 work visas are job specific so you must have a job with a registered sponsor before you enter the country. Your options are limited to a spouse visa, student visa, work visa or investor or entrepreneur visa. Investor and entrepreneur visas require you to have a significant amount of money to invest in or start a UK company.
I have been visiting UK during the holidays for a lot of times already as a tourist. I just kinda like the place and been pondering of moving there permanently. Though money is still here in the middle east but the lifestlye and quality of life in UK are really inviting.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
I have been visiting UK during the holidays for a lot of times already as a tourist. I just kinda like the place and been pondering of moving there permanently. Though money is still here in the middle east but the lifestlye and quality of life in UK are really inviting.
As already stated, you'll need an appropriate visa.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.