As the advertising says: " it is more fun in the Philippines "Hi All,
Am new to this forum and this is my first posting. I am a Malaysian and I will be relocating to the Philippines sometime in January. I got a few questions and I hope some of you can share your experience with me.
1) I have been hearing mix reviews about crime/safety. From your experience, is it as bad as what some people make it out to be? There is crime everywhere, before I started work in Jakarta a lot of people were warning me about the importance of being safe, found it totally livable. Could be the area I was living in.
2) What is the percentage of personal income tax in Philippines?
3) Any recommendations on where it is nice/safe place to stay? My office is in Makati and I would like to stay somewhere close, not too keen on being stuck in traffic for 1-2 hours getting to work.
4) My wife loves going to the wet markets to buy fresh fish, meats & vegetables, anywhere decent where we can get fresh produce? how was your experience in doing this?
5) Internet speeds- I have read that Sky is one of the better options, any other providers I should look at?
I think I shall stop for now, any advice on what to look out for would be much appreciated. Every country has its problems and I believe with proper knowledge, one can make a pleasant experience out of living anywhere.
IF, you can cope with:-
danger on the roads
danger in the homes from burglars
possible kidnapping and ransom demands
slow and intermittent internet
young children begging for money
unreliable postal service
If I have missed anything, could someone please fill in the blanks
Don't get me wrong, I just love it here...................LOL................:tongue::lol: