Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my husband and I are thinking of relocating to KL in the near future, however we are pretty vague on EVERYTHING, firstly we would probably rent, and we would appreciate help with everything, we only know that we want to get away from Australia, we have visited KL and loved it, but know nothing about relocating overseas, if you have any information at all, on anything, we would love to hear from you, visa's? I know we have to have so much in the bank, and also have medical cover, like I said, we really need HELP.
Thanks

Toni

·
Administrator
50,396 Posts
Probably the first thing to do is to check with the Malaysian consulate in Australia to see what requirements they have for a visa. I found this site, but have not checked any of the links: High Commission of Malaysia

That should get you started, at least as concerns the requirements for a long-stay visa.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
You might want to check Malaysia My 2nd Home (MM2H) - Malaysia has one of the world's easiest relocation programme for foreign retirees who want to move to the country.
But if you are thinking of working there: Unless you are sent as Expat by your overseas employer (or are a poor third world labourer working for peanuts), you may face obstacles too high to surmount.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I have heard about the MM2H, we probably won't work over there, we really want to retire somewhere warm and cheap to live, thanks for your time.
Toni

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is a relevant question but the real questions you should consider is whether your career will be better in KL in the longer term and does a move to KL fit into your personal life.

Do not look at the RM660. In the longer term that is peanuts and should not be a factor at all. It is a lot of money if you are earning below say RM2,000 but is nothing if you are earning more or have a family.

If you say no just because of the money your boss will think that you are just shallow and money faced. Make sure your response is on the bigger, more relevant issues. Ask him about your career prospects there and what you need to do to get up to the next level. In any case make sure you respond with the right tone and not dismiss his suggestion as stupid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts