Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I live in Islamabad, Pakistan. I want to relocate to Dubai with my family. I have been offered a position in an IT organization. My employment and subsequently residence visa will be sponsored by my employer, however I have two ways of relocating my family to Dubai.

1. I come alone to Dubai, apply for residence visa and when I get that then I apply for my family's visas.

2. I bring along my family on their visit visas. Keep them on visit visas until their residence visas are processed and get the visas switched.

I want to know which option is the best for me and also, what are the exact expenses involved with visa processing that will be incurred by choosing each of the above options. I have been told that bringing family along will be more expensive. However, I don't have to find a temporary place to live in Dubai until I get my own residence because I have relatives living there already and if I come alone then I will have to go back and bring my family along which will cost me an extra return ticket from Dubai to Islamabad and Islamabad to Dubai. It will be easier for me to decide if I get a complete list of visa processing and related expenses that I will have to bear for each of the above options.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Option 1 is the best in my view.

You will come and get to know about Dubai, laws, neighbourhoods, schools and so on and prepare your family. Once everything is clear up bring your family. Pakistan is not far away and you can always go back on a quick trip. If you bring all together going for option 2 you will have hassles with renewing visas, costs and so on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think the employer will provide the family relocation expenses. However, even if they do they will still be reimbursed later meaning I will have to pay for it initially so I need to know the total expense step by step till the visa process is completed for whole family. My family is Me, My Wife and 2 children. The employer is only sponsoring my visa.

I already know the place because I have been there a couple of times and have spent around a month and a half cumulatively on visit visa and I don't need to get a place for my family to stay in the interim period before they get their residence visas. I just want to know what would be the difference in total visa processing costs for both of the options

1. I come alone, get visa and after then go back and bring them along. (I have read elsewhere on the forum that the family needs to have a medical test before getting visas. If thats so then how will I be able to get residence visa for them in their absense)

2. I bring them along on visit and apply for their residence visas after I get my residence visa

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
You could 've been more specific that you were looking at costs. I cannot help you there. I have no clue about resident visas costs as this was covered by my employer upfront upon arrival.

Cannot you inquire the immigration office? Just visit the website it might be there or just fire an email.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Hi,

I live in Islamabad, Pakistan. I want to relocate to Dubai with my family. I have been offered a position in an IT organization. My employment and subsequently residence visa will be sponsored by my employer, however I have two ways of relocating my family to Dubai.

1. I come alone to Dubai, apply for residence visa and when I get that then I apply for my family's visas.

2. I bring along my family on their visit visas. Keep them on visit visas until their residence visas are processed and get the visas switched.

I want to know which option is the best for me and also, what are the exact expenses involved with visa processing that will be incurred by choosing each of the above options. I have been told that bringing family along will be more expensive. However, I don't have to find a temporary place to live in Dubai until I get my own residence because I have relatives living there already and if I come alone then I will have to go back and bring my family along which will cost me an extra return ticket from Dubai to Islamabad and Islamabad to Dubai. It will be easier for me to decide if I get a complete list of visa processing and related expenses that I will have to bear for each of the above options.

OP, do a SEARCH for the costs...

Why is option #1 even an option? If you bring them with you when you come the first time then it saves you the cost of one additional return ticket (which you already mentioned). They can get their medicals done in Dubai, the cost i think is AED500-AED600 per person. The visa fees are usually around AED300 - AED400 per person. There are limitations on who you can sponsor and to what age (for kids).

Check to see if you meet the requirements to sponsor someone (salary, age, etc.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.