Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm wondering whether there's a reliable source of information (other than word of mouth) which can provide me with how much each profession gets paid in Dubai as I need this information for my sister who's considering living and working there.

I'm looking for independent and unbiased sources :)

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
:rolleyes:
Hello!

I'm wondering whether there's a reliable source of information (other than word of mouth) which can provide me with how much each profession gets paid in Dubai as I need this information for my sister who's considering living and working there.

Some of the big recruitment companies publish annual salary guides which I have to say don’t seem very accurate (or certainly not in my line of work). Hays is one of them.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hello!

Your sister still can't decide whether she wants to come here and work as a surgeon, airline pilot or civil engineer?

What you can do is go to "salaries" sticky thread and ask for an opinion on an offer she might get, or alternatively, ask how much should X with Y experience get for a Z job.

Cause right now it looks as if you're working for HR/HH and asking for someone else to do the legwork for you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You get paid according to supply and demand for someone with your skills and experience, moderated slightly by negotiation. No amount of lists will change that. No country is any different.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Huge discrepancies. It is impossible to get what you want.

Even inside a single organization many factors can play how much you get.

You can try researching the salary of a particular role in a particular workplace.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts