Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.
I have recently applied for a relative visa extension for my daughter.( Existing relative visa issued in India and applied extension RSA)
Does anyone how much time will take for the outcome. As when I applied for my wife's visa change of conditions ( relative visa to 11.6 section)the outcome came after 8 months ( normally 15- 30days time).

My concern is that will this kind of extension will take more than expected time ( 60 days). I know there are many backlogs due to pandemics.

Quick response highly appreciated.

· Registered
7 Posts
Hi. How long did it take until collection?

I applied for renewal first week of August. Still nothing. I emailed and phoned but there is no reply. I guess I'll just have to wait.
I applied in May and it appeared my file was sent for adjudication in August and then no further movements until December when extra calls were made. It was approved and sent for printing in December and ready for collection in January.

· Registered
2 Posts
I applied in May and it appeared my file was sent for adjudication in August and then no further movements until December when extra calls were made. It was approved and sent for printing in December and ready for collection in January.
Thank you for the reply.

I heard some people that 8 months is the average turnover for renewal nowadays. So I guess I just need to wait 2 more months.

Is there anything extra that you think might have help you expedite the process? I feel very much helpless as I need to urgently visit my family abroad.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HI Guys...

I called DHA call centre today to check my daughter relative visa application status ( applied in 3/NOV/2021).

They told me that application went to printing on 13th nov 2022.

Can any one tell me how soon it's going to be says ready for collection.

· Registered
7 Posts
HI Guys...

I called DHA call centre today to check my daughter relative visa application status ( applied in 3/NOV/2021).

They told me that application went to printing on 13th nov 2022.

Can any one tell me how soon it's going to be says ready for collection.

13 November or October?

Printing could take two - four weeks.

· Registered
358 Posts
13 November or October?

Printing could take two - four weeks.
Unfortunately DHA doesnt have consistent timelines. So you cant predict how long a step will take. But of late, they havent been releasing an VISAs which are not critical skills or business visa. I havent heard of a single person who got an outcome this year (not critical skills or business).

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Unfortunately DHA doesnt have consistent timelines. So you cant predict how long a step will take. But of late, they havent been releasing an VISAs which are not critical skills or business visa. I havent heard of a single person who got an outcome this year (not critical skills or business).
I have applied for relative visa minor to my daughter.. Hoping positive outcome. I know all critical skill visas rejected

1 - 20 of 24 Posts