Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I had applied for a skills assessment through AIM for the post of Senior Sales Manager. I am currently the head of business development in a start up and was rejected as I do not have two levels of reporting managers below me. Has anybody else faced this issue where they have been rejected for working in a start up? I have grown the team from a 3 member team to a 20 member team in the duration I have been with the organization but as I do not have the levels below me and just have 4 direct managers I was rejected. Would like to hear advice on what I should do next and also if anybody else has faced the same issue and what was done? Apply for a review or wait till my organization becomes bigger.

·
Registered
11,349 Posts
Hi All, I had applied for a skills assessment through AIM for the post of Senior Sales Manager. I am currently the head of business development in a start up and was rejected as I do not have two levels of reporting managers below me. Has anybody else faced this issue where they have been rejected for working in a start up? I have grown the team from a 3 member team to a 20 member team in the duration I have been with the organization but as I do not have the levels below me and just have 4 direct managers I was rejected. Would like to hear advice on what I should do next and also if anybody else has faced the same issue and what was done? Apply for a review or wait till my organization becomes bigger.
I would suggest to talk to a MARA agent specializing on such things. They can help to build up the argument.

I am not sure if this will work on your case, but in any case that would my best advise.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong. Aims is just a immigration agent, their rejection has no bearing on your application. Either apply for Aussie pr on your own or go to another agent

·
Registered
882 Posts
Australian Institute of Management, they conduct skills assessment, like EA and ACS.

thanks and apologies, I mistaken it as a immigration agent which goes by the same name.

Reactions: andreyx108b
1 - 6 of 6 Posts