Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

rejecting secondary applicant

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  sultan_azam 
#1 ·
Hello Freinds

I received an invitation visa 189 and I have inquiry regarding rejecting any secondary applicant

In the case of any secondary applicant fail to provide medicals or PCC or any other documents; does it will affect on all other applicant and the visa may be rejected?

Thanks in advance

#4 ·
I guess his question is if the primary applicant passed PCC and Medical but the secondary failed Medical for example. Does it mean
- all family get rejected
or
- the primary + dependent children get PR granted, but the secondary applicant will be rejected

Has anyone been through this similar case to advise?

Reactions: eng.mhallak
#9 ·
Thank you all for your replies

The truth is I have widow mother " 68 " and I'm her only son " 3 " sisters married
I've read a lot about that you can't add parents in your application and I want to add my mother and support my case with massive evidence and maybe a letter for case officer for help

Since I got invitation I'm very confused regarding my Mother situation; Also I don't want that all the efforts and money I've paid and I will pay to be lost

That is the reason for the question in the case that my mother rejected this will cause that Me and My wife will be rejected too?

Thank you all friends

#10 ·
You can't add your mother to your application: https://www.border.gov.au/Migrationagents/Pages/member-of-family-unit.aspx

If you did mistakenly add her to your application, DIBP will ask you to withdraw her from the application, or they will refuse the whole application.

To apply for a Parent Visa, you need to have 2 years residence in Australia AND you mother needs to meet the "Balance of Family" test, which means she would need 2 of her for children to be living in Australia permanently.

There should be a new Temporary Parent Visa being introduced at the end of the year. However, this is for a maximum of 5 years, extendable to 10 years but not renewable after that, (so she'd have to leave then, or get another visa) and you need to be an Australian Permanent Resident for 4 years before you could be her sponsor for this visa anyway. There are some serious issues to consider with this option anyway : http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...5098-tbc-temporary-sponsored-parent-visa.html

Otherwise the only visa possible would be a Visitor Visa - normally the maximum duration for these is 12 months in an 18 month period so you can't stay permanently, need Private Health Insurance, and you can't assume automatic renewal time after time with these as they are not designed for permanent residence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.