Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Has anyone been through this and has advice for me. Cars are so much more expensive here, I've decided just to get my RHD car registered (I really like my car and it would be up to 8k more to buy in Italy) in Italy. I know I need all my documents translated but I'm not sure who can certify this. I've been to ACI in Arezzo and they didn't know anything about it (there are 2 ACIs right next to each other, so maybe we picked the wrong office). I'm going to try Sansepolcro this afternoon, as I've been told they're very helpful. I'd appreciate any help but please don't tell me to buy a used Italian car as the mileage, price and condition of these is generally unacceptable to me. Cheers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ACI office didn't know how to register a car?

I know! My wife's Italian is better and she couldn't get anything from the woman. As I say, there are 2 branches side by side and we may have chosen the wrong one but you'd have thought they could have helped us in the right direction. The other office closed (for the day!) at 12.30 and this was later in the afternoon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sansepolcro much more friendly and helpful and openly admitted they don't know how to register a UK car and what the rules are. Apparently, they've had no clarification on it. 🤦‍♂️ They've sent copies of my docs to Dogana to check if taxes are due.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts