Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am trying to apply for my kids British Citizenship and passports. I was born in the UK, moved to Canada and have been here for a number of years now. On the application states that I should be in the UK for 270 days, is this a requirement in order for me to apply for British Citizenship for my kids? I have lived in the UK all my life and the past few years I've been here in Canada. Can I still apply or will they reject this application? My kids are 1 and 3.

Please help as this is super frustrating and no one answers my calls at the Embassy or UKBA.

Thanks

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
Hi there,

I am trying to apply for my kids British Citizenship and passports. I was born in the UK, moved to Canada and have been here for a number of years now. On the application states that I should be in the UK for 270 days, is this a requirement in order for me to apply for British Citizenship for my kids? I have lived in the UK all my life and the past few years I've been here in Canada. Can I still apply or will they reject this application? My kids are 1 and 3.

Please help as this is super frustrating and no one answers my calls at the Embassy or UKBA.
You are a British citizen otherwise than by descent (being born in UK) so both your children are automatically British, so there's no need to register for citizenship. Just apply for their passports using the smart form on Washington DC embassy site, redirected from High Commission in Ottawa. All passport applications must go to Washington. You will need your birth certificate, their birth certificates (showing parentage) and possibly your marriage certificate (if applicable). If you were born on or after 1.1.83, you may need your parents' birth certicates and marriage certificate as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are a British citizen otherwise than by descent (being born in UK) so both your children are automatically British, so there's no need to register for citizenship. Just apply for their passports using the smart form on Washington DC embassy site, redirected from High Commission in Ottawa. All passport applications must go to Washington. You will need your birth certificate, their birth certificates (showing parentage) and possibly your marriage certificate (if applicable). If you were born on or after 1.1.83, you may need your parents' birth certicates and marriage certificate as well.
Brill!!! Thank you for clearing that up for me. Was a little worried for a moment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.