Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello!

Does any one the final date you need register your mobile phone here by,i keep getting reminding saying i need to do it, but the don't say how long i have got...thanks

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
hello!

Does any one the final date you need register your mobile phone here by,i keep getting reminding saying i need to do it, but the don't say how long i have got...thanks

No idea, sorry. I'm sure someone will know the answer tho.

But couldnt you just register it now???

Jo xx

·
Administrator
36,766 Posts

Jo xx
I keep meaning to go & do mine:D

the date has been changed a few times I think

I just looked at the website & it's not mentioned anywhere

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Jo xx

yes would be the sensible thing to do but i am up in competa and i think the nearest movistar shop is in eroski! , down the mountain, I am working 24 hours shifts at work and haven't been able to get down there..i thought i had till October/november to do it by but am not sure now,

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
yes would be the sensible thing to do but i am up in competa and i think the nearest movistar shop is in eroski! , down the mountain, I am working 24 hours shifts at work and haven't been able to get down there..i thought i had till October/november to do it by but am not sure now,
Hi competa

We have covered this in a thread some time ago, and the official date is definitely November ... I have cut a section from the original news article that we pubished on here.

Sue :ranger:

A new advertising campaign ‘Identifícate’ is to be launched by the Spanish government Interior Ministry at the end of this month with the objective of getting the 20 million mobile phone users with prepaid cards to register before a deadline date of November 7.

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
9th November - but I'd work on the 8th!

Remember you ONLY need to register PAYGS bought BEFORE Nov 9th 2007
NOT more recent PAYGs and NO contract ever.

FULL info here - HITS Mobile - PREGUNTAS

Not my site - a competitors!

It's also on .: Ministerio del Interior (España) - :. (Good luck!)

Will they have to extend the date? Yes
Has it been a total mess-up? Yes
Has it been a complete and total waste of time and effort? Yes

Have they achieved anything? NO
Will it stop a single terrorist bomb? NO

A funcionario exercise par excellence.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
9th November - but I'd work on the 8th!

Remember you ONLY need to register PAYGS bought BEFORE Nov 9th 2007
NOT more recent PAYGs and NO contract ever.

FULL info here - HITS Mobile - PREGUNTAS

Not my site - a competitors!

It's also on .: Ministerio del Interior (España) - :. (Good luck!)

Will they have to extend the date? Yes
Has it been a total mess-up? Yes
Has it been a complete and total waste of time and effort? Yes

Have they achieved anything? NO
Will it stop a single terrorist bomb? NO

A funcionario exercise par excellence.
Steve .... I dont think thats quite correct, the Law was passed in in 2007 for registration of PAYG but providers had until 2009 to register them all. And from what I understand a lot of them didnt do anything about it for a long time! so there are plenty of PAYG phones out there that were purchased after 2007 that still need registering.

We have one (along with 2 contract phones) and all we did was contact the provider to ask them if it was registered ... luckily it was so no action needed! but I dont think thats always the case.

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
Steve .... I dont think thats quite correct, the Law was passed in in 2007 for registration of PAYG but providers had until 2009 to register them all. And from what I understand a lot of them didnt do anything about it for a long time! so there are plenty of PAYG phones out there that were purchased after 2007 that still need registering.

ALL phones purchased AFTER 8th November 2007 SHOULD by law have been registered at the point of sale. Punto, final.

If a point if sale has NOT forwarded a client's details - that could be BIG trouble for the vendor.

If in doubt check .: Ministerio del Interior (España) - :. (only in Spanish)

I'll speak to Vodafone today to see whether they feel there are doubts about phones sold after 8th November 2007. It's certainly never been even mooted in several meetings. They see everything as "white and black" AFAIK.

What is a fact is that there are 6 million phones sold BEFORE that date that STILL have not been registered. Obviously a lot are lost, stolen, owned by deceased persons etc but there are clearly 3/4 million still to do.

I'll update this evening once I have a finite answer from Vodafone adn/or Orange.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
ALL phones purchased AFTER 8th November 2007 SHOULD by law have been registered at the point of sale.
Punto, final.
If a point if sale has NOT forwarded a client's details - that could be BIG trouble for the vendor.

I'll speak to Vodafone today to see whether they feel there are doubts about phones sold after 8th November 2007. It's certainly never been even mooted in several meetings. They see everything as "white and black" AFAIK.

What is a fact is that there are 6 million phones sold BEFORE that date that STILL have not been registered. Obviously a lot are lost, stolen, owned by deceased persons etc but there are clearly 3/4 million still to do.

I'll update this evening once I have a finite answer from Vodafone adn/or Orange.

oooh you are aggressive sometimes! :p You are probably right (you usually are lol) .... I just remembered reading something a while back that suggested otherwise .... but that doesnt make it true!

Sue x :love:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry for butting in on your thread, but i bought a movistar pay as you go about 6 months ago, the last lot of credit i put on it ran out about 8 weeks ago, then they rang me, i thought they were telling me to register it which was done when i bought it so i didnt bother going in the shop, turns out they were telling me to put credit on or i would be cut off. I got my incoming calls stopped, i could recieve text messages, and if someone rang me i got a text saying they had rang me and to reinstate my line then i had to put credit on. Has this happened to anyone else? its never happened to me before, i thought it was a bit cheeky to be honest, i would have topped it up soon anyway but I was a bit put out that they'd done that, is that normal?
thanks!

Thanks guys for your help, and prompt replies
regards
Tracey
competa 1

·
Registered
499 Posts
ALL phones purchased AFTER 8th November 2007 SHOULD by law have been registered at the point of sale. Punto, final.

Hi Steve,
Whilst you're on the phone to Vodafone, check your dates (re earlier post stating 9th). If you register on the 8th Nov you are too late. You must register your details before 8th Nov 2009 i.e. by 7th.

If they say you're right and I'm wrong, tell them to sort out their website. This extract from it:

Recuerda que tienes antes del 8 de noviembre de 2009 para darnos tus datos en cualquier Tienda Vodafone . Cuando vayas a tu Tienda Vodafone no olvides llevar la siguiente documentación:

Clientes Particulares: DNI, Pasaporte o Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero.
Clientes Empresa: Tarjeta de identificación fiscal de la empresa titular de la línea.

Spot on regarding the post Law sales. All sales in the past two years (well, nearly two years) should have been registered on sale.

Xose

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
oooh you are aggressive sometimes! :p You are probably right (you usually are lol) .... I just remembered reading something a while back that suggested otherwise .... but that doesnt make it true!

Sue x :love:
Sorry if I came across as agressive - it's just it's what I do for a living and if I'm not sure on this........

Regional Director of Vodafone confirms, "we are not aware of substantive (sic) issues in non-registration"

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
Hi Steve,
Whilst you're on the phone to Vodafone, check your dates (re earlier post stating 9th). If you register on the 8th Nov you are too late. You must register your details before 8th Nov 2009 i.e. by 7th.

If they say you're right and I'm wrong, tell them to sort out their website. This extract from it:

Recuerda que tienes antes del 8 de noviembre de 2009 para darnos tus datos en cualquier Tienda Vodafone . Cuando vayas a tu Tienda Vodafone no olvides llevar la siguiente documentación:

Clientes Particulares: DNI, Pasaporte o Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero.
Clientes Empresa: Tarjeta de identificación fiscal de la empresa titular de la línea.

Xose

From the Ministry of Interior site .: Ministerio del Interior (España) - :.

- you have

"hasta el 8 de noviembre de 2009 (incluido)"

So no surprise at all that they event get their own site precise.

(It was actually Sue who said 9th Nov 2009)

Guys, if you do it before the end of October you are safe so let's not split a xxxxxxx over the 7th/8th/9th.

If anybody wants my opinion (ONLY) they will NOT switch anybody off but that is ONLY an opinion and don't spit it back at me. If you do it by the 7th November you are NOT going to lose the line.

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
Has this happened to anyone else? its never happened to me before, i thought it was a bit cheeky to be honest, i would have topped it up soon anyway but I was a bit put out that they'd done that, is that normal?
thanks!
Yes with Movistar. Orange is one call in 6 months .....unless they have changed the rules again!

Orange actually voluntarily deleted 1, 2 million customer accounts recently from their Spanish base. Their parent company told them that they could not call any customer who had not used the service for more than 12 months an active customer and that they should delete them all. Interesting? The reason behind it is that Orange are looking for a higher average call-spend per customer and 1,2 million customers on zero cents per month was pulling their average down by some 4 euros per month. Makes me believe that France Telecom are looking to hive them off. Some big American players would like a chunk of the European market so ........

What about Carlos Slim? Don't think he'd be unhappy with a nice entry into Spain ....and he's got the money if France Telecom are serious about selling.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Sorry if I came across as agressive - it's just it's what I do for a living and if I'm not sure on this........

Regional Director of Vodafone confirms, "we are not aware of substantive (sic) issues in non-registration"
I bow to your greater knowledge :D x

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
I am sure it will continue to be an unmitigated disaster and I am convinced they will not just "flip the switch" BUT that's what they are saying at the moment.

Let's wait to see what happens after the 10th of November.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.