Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok few questions need clearing up..

I'm registering for life in the uk test. I put id as passport, is it ok even though the pic is a bit old? Is a bout 5 years old and I had changed a bit from the pic on my visa.

Is the id number your passport number?

My passport is in my maiden name, I plan to change my passport to my married name before applying for ILR is this ok?

It says town /city of birth but on my passport it just gives my home state and USA, so do I put my home state, city, or just USA?

I know these are silly questions but I don't want any mistakes

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Ok few questions need clearing up..

I'm registering for life in the uk test. I put id as passport, is it ok even though the pic is a bit old? Is a bout 5 years old and I had changed a bit from the pic on my visa.
If in doubt, go in and change your ID from passport to Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). That document is current and has a recent photo.

Is the id number your passport number?
Yes, and in the case of the BRP, that number would be that string of numbers in the white panel on the UPPER RIGHT CORNER of the card.

If you decide to use your BRP instead of your passport, please please pretty please with whipped cream and a cherry on top, be sure to indicate on your Life in the UK test account that you will be using your BRP... if you leave it at Passport and don't have it with you when you arrive to sit the test, you will be turned away, you will be required to re-apply 7 day wait applies and you will have to pay the £50 fee again,

My passport is in my maiden name, I plan to change my passport to my married name before applying for ILR is this ok?
Yes, this is fine. On the ILR application form they ask for all of the names that you've ever been known by, so there's a link there... in addition to that, you will have previously given your maiden name, so the paper trail has already been established.

It says town /city of birth but on my passport it just gives my home state and USA, so do I put my home state, city, or just USA?

I know these are silly questions but I don't want any mistakes

Thanks
I'd put city, state and USA

Good luck to you and happy studying!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi WCCG thanks for that :)

I don't have that BPR Card. It said I could us my provisional but, I'm taking my practical next week. So in the event I pass, I will gladly hand them my provisional to mail off. So I can't use that.

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
One other thing.... when you get your pass letter, take a hint from Steely Dan to an unknown woman named Rikki and guard that pass letter with your life... even though the UKBA will have record of the pass (it takes a few days for them to receive it) if you lose it (the letter), then it's all bets are off and you have re-register/pay/re-sit/pass the exam in order to get a new "pass" letter.

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
I booked my test here... once you've registered for an exam date, you can go in and amend your details until just before your test.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok,

I just saw it said you need to bring proof of address. Well my passport is in my maiden name and all of address info is in my married name. I didn't register with my married name :/.

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Have marriage certificate on hand just in case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.