Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I've recently received my ILR and currently preparing my wife and daughter's FLR(M) application. I have two more children (boys) who were born in the UK while I was on PBS visa. They will not be included in the FLR(M) application, I want to make citizenship application for them under section 1(3).

The boys' current PBS leave expires on 1 August 2017. Because I am having to send my passport and BRP to the UKVI on my wife's FLR(M) application, the application for naturalization will have to wait for up to 6 months. That means, the boys will become overstayers after 1 August 2017.

I heard that the British born children are not overstayers if they intend to register as British citizens under Section 1(3). Can anyone please advise if this is correct?

Alternatively, I could send boys' naturalization application next week before their leave expires. In this case, though, I can include only copies of my ILR and passport in the MN1 (naturalization) application, and include the original ILR decision letter. What do you think?

Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Correction!

Hi, sorry I incorrectly referred to reigistration as british citizen as naturalization, it is not naturalisation as the children are under the age of 18 and born in the UK!

Hello there,

I've recently received my ILR and currently preparing my wife and daughter's FLR(M) application. I have two more children (boys) who were born in the UK while I was on PBS visa. They will not be included in the FLR(M) application, I want to make citizenship application for them under section 1(3).

The boys' current PBS leave expires on 1 August 2017. Because I am having to send my passport and BRP to the UKVI on my wife's FLR(M) application, the application for naturalization will have to wait for up to 6 months. That means, the boys will become overstayers after 1 August 2017.

I heard that the British born children are not overstayers if they intend to register as British citizens under Section 1(3). Can anyone please advise if this is correct?

Alternatively, I could send boys' naturalization application next week before their leave expires. In this case, though, I can include only copies of my ILR and passport in the MN1 (naturalization) application, and include the original ILR decision letter. What do you think?

Thanks a ton!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.