Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am based in Jhb and have had an unlucky association with Immigration consultants. Can you refer me to a reliable, registered Immigration Practitioner who can handle my permit applications?

Is it advisable to use Practitioners who are based out of Jhb whilst I am staying in Johannesburg? I ask this because I have been duped a number of times here in Johannesburg.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
As is mentioned many times on this forum, using an immigration practitioner can lead to disappointment. Use an immigration lawyer.

As one renowned immigration lawyer once correctly said:

"When a foreigner wishes to obtain an immigration permit, it triggers a complex legal process. If one's livelihood and the welfare of one's family depend on a favorable outcome to that process, one should hire the services of an attorney with an expert knowledge in the field, a lawyer who is able to reduce the risks of failure."

·
Registered
142 Posts
It seems to me that, if you have read the posts on this forum, the answer should stick out like a sore thumb. Contact LegalMan who is also exceptionally helpful, for free, on this forum.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
As far as I know, the rules of this forum are that I cannot give you my contact details. You may message me through the forum message system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts