Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi important car related question please help!
My father, who is Belgium would like to give us a car. It is a 98 Toyota corolla 1.3 engine. How do I go about getting Spanish plates and get it all properly registered in Spain? All info much appreciated thank you!

·
Administrator
36,766 Posts
Hi important car related question please help!
My father, who is Belgium would like to give us a car. It is a 98 Toyota corolla 1.3 engine. How do I go about getting Spanish plates and get it all properly registered in Spain? All info much appreciated thank you!
if you have a look in the FAQs & useful info thread, there's a section about re-matriculating your car

I don't know much about it (don't drive), but I'm pretty sure you need to have owned it for 6 months before coming here & bringing the car to avoid high import taxes

·
Registered
378 Posts
if you have a look in the FAQs & useful info thread, there's a section about re-matriculating your car

I don't know much about it (don't drive), but I'm pretty sure you need to have owned it for 6 months before coming here & bringing the car to avoid high import taxes
With due respect, a 15 year old car with a small 1.3 engine will not cost too much in import taxes, as what you pay is based on the perceived value of the car and the CO2 that it produces.

You should be able to get a quote from a gestor or car import company.

·
Administrator
36,766 Posts
With due respect, a 15 year old car with a small 1.3 engine will not cost too much in import taxes, as what you pay is based on the perceived value of the car and the CO2 that it produces.

You should be able to get a quote from a gestor or car import company.
maybe - but still more than if they had owned it for 6 months

as I said - not really my thing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts