Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone !

Can someone please provide me information about this particular situation I am in:

As of today 22/06/2015 my total EOI score is 60 points (including 10 points of 489).

I received an invitation from Southern Inland NSW to apply for Regional Nomination to visa subclass 489 on the 15th of June 2015, I posted the required documents To RDA on the 20th of June 2015. After 27th of June my age related points score will reduce to 25 points, making the total score to 55.

My concern is will DIBP consider the date of invitation for 489 visa post 27th June 2015 ?

Thanks & Regards,

RobinManuel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dear Robin
Please note that you were supposed to Apply Visa thru IMMI account and not post to RDA. And If you applied Visa before age change (the 40th birthday), i.e. June 27: you are safe, otherwise i am afraid you missed the opportunity. However this is not the end of the world, you maay still try other options to get additional points, like score higher in IELTS (8 in each band) or get some employer sponsor or get some Australian qualification or Claim for spouse skills.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Dear Robin
Please note that you were supposed to Apply Visa thru IMMI account and not post to RDA. And If you applied Visa before age change (the 40th birthday), i.e. June 27: you are safe, otherwise i am afraid you missed the opportunity. However this is not the end of the world, you maay still try other options to get additional points, like score higher in IELTS (8 in each band) or get some employer sponsor or get some Australian qualification or Claim for spouse skills.

You did a great job by replying..only concern is this is a two year old post..:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts