Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to put together my 2 piles for submission next week. We are going the same day appointment route.

My question is:
" are we to put pgs. 78/79 on the very top of the pile or at the very end after page 77?

I'm not sure if the photographs & documents checklist is for Home Office's use or just a final reminder for me to make sure I have included everything.

There are so many supporting documents, it's confusing where each goes. Like bank statements... Do they go in front of the financial part of the form or at the very top of the file? Or at the bottom of the file.?

I worry I'm going to arrive at my appointment and be told everything is in the wrong order and then have to rearrange two piles.

Thanks for advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I don’t think they really mind. What they don’t like is papers clipped together with paper clips. They want everything loose. We put our receipts, passports, marriage certificates on top of the application form and the financial stuff, the accommodation stuff, the correspondence stuff after that. Then a separate pile of copies of everything. I did put a plain piece of paper with just 'Financial' Accommodation' and 'Correspondence' between each category but as I said, don’t clip them together.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Whatshouldwedo,

So did you put the 2 pgs of checklist stuff at the back or on top? I really don't know who those 2 checklists are for.

Do they ask for your checklist when you go in or just look at it at the end of the form?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Isn’t the check list part of the form? If so, just leave it where it is. I understood it to be to help us make sure we had included everything.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that is what I thought too, but looking through past threads of others who went to the same day appointment, one said she was asked for the checklist first and then asked for her piles ??? I really don't want to have to go looking through my piles for something at the last minute. Hope to have everything ready and just give them the two piles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.