Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Actually i am About to lodge my application to engineers australia for Professional engineer in electrical. I have done diploma in Electrical engineering of 3 Years and then after i have done Bachelor in Electrical engineering which is again of 3 years. So can anyone please help me in this, that after lodging of file, am i going to be assessed as a professional engineer of Engineering technologist.

As it is mentioned in the MSA booklet that if we wanted to get assessed as a Professional engineer, the qualification should be of 4 year bachelor in engineering followed by 12 years of schooling. Please suggest me something on this.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am guessing that you are going to write your CDRs.

I think you should shoot an email to the engineers australia members at [email protected].

They should give you a proper guidance. Besides if the booklet says that you need a "4 year Bachelors Degree", then I guess you could opt for engineering technologist.

However, get the information verified by them itself. Its always better to ask them beforehand about such issues. They are helpful people. They will respond with a good answer.

Best of luck mate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your email buddy. Actually i have already completed my CDR's, but during reading the MSA booklet, i just found this shocking point.
Can you please tell me what is the major difference in between these two categories PE and ET ?
And is there will be any kind of problem if they assess me as ET, is this will reflect in my PR application ??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts