Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am a dentist with less than 1yr experience . i am eligible for applying for the skilled independent subclass 189 visa as i am scoring 60 points . my husband also pursues the occupation listed in the skilled occupation list for australian skilled visa .

i would like to know if there is any problem with the primary applicant i.e., me not pursuing my occupation for some time on finally getting the visa and landing in australia .

·
Registered
115 Posts
i am a dentist with less than 1yr experience . i am eligible for applying for the skilled independent subclass 189 visa as i am scoring 60 points . my husband also pursues the occupation listed in the skilled occupation list for australian skilled visa .

i would like to know if there is any problem with the primary applicant i.e., me not pursuing my occupation for some time on finally getting the visa and landing in australia .
Hi,

Once you get 189 Visa you can work whatever you like . It does not have to be in the same field that was in the list .

Regards,

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
On a 189 visa you can work in any occupation you'd like, or not work at all if you don't want or need to.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

You or ALL Applicants need not work in the same Occupation OR May chose not to work at ALL.

THERE isn't any such constraint on subclass 189.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts