Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In last 10 years, I have been in USA for couple of years (two terms of one year each). I returned back to India this year January.

I have questions on PCC process -

1) Will I need to start PCC process seperately for india and USA ?
2) How to start this process ?
3) For both, I will need to go to my local police station?
4) Anyone who has done this process in Gurgaon ? I am looking for local information.
5) For USA PCC, will I need both state and federal police verification?

Thanks
Ratnesh

·
Registered
23,862 Posts
In last 10 years, I have been in USA for couple of years (two terms of one year each). I returned back to India this year January.

I have questions on PCC process -

1) Will I need to start PCC process seperately for india and USA ?
2) How to start this process ?
3) For both, I will need to go to my local police station?
4) Anyone who has done this process in Gurgaon ? I am looking for local information.
5) For USA PCC, will I need both state and federal police verification?

Thanks
Ratnesh
Indian pcc I can tell you

You have to apply through the nearest Passport Seva Kendra
You can take an appointment online and it is generally issued the same day

Please wait for somebody to guide on the USA PCC

Cheers

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks. What is the process of Police verification if you are currently in Australia however you have spent most of the time during last 10 years in India in multiple cities?

Can Indian police verification be initiated locally in Australia?

Also does it make sense to initiate the PCC when you have filed for EOI or only after you receive Invitation?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks. What is the process of Police verification if you are currently in Australia however you have spent most of the time during last 10 years in India in multiple cities?

Also does it make sense to initiate the PCC when you have filed for EOI or only after you receive Invitation?
Ratnesh,

India PCC: Yes it can be done in Australia also. below is the procedure.

You can get India PCC outside India also, go to the local consulate of India in that city & they can get you one. My friend got himself one from India High Commission, Toronto. when he was in Toronto as he was getting his PR there for Canada.

USA PCC:
You will have to get Identity history summary done from FBI from Clarksburg, West Virginia. its simple, get your finger printing done on FD 258 card, ship them to USA. get it back in 3 months or before. Get it back to your friends or relative's address in USA or Canada if you have one. its faster that way, rather than shipping it to India & your friend/relative can send you scan copies.

For state you will have to check the site of state where you lived as each state is separate. I know about NJ & NY as I lived there. So better check local state police website.

Best is apply for PCC for USA once you file EOI as FBI will take time. As far as India is concerned, you can do it when invite comes but since you are applying for that outside India in Australia in India High Commission, I would recommend that you start that also when you file your EOI.

Rest is your choice, hope the above information helped you somehow.

cheers!!!

·
Registered
23,862 Posts

Getting Indian PCC in Australia is a simple affair

India Visa Information - Australia - Consular Miscellaneous Services - Police Clearance Certificate(PCC)

Just apply here online and take an appointment and submit the application
Within a week the PCC will be couriered to you with your passport

If you are sure that you will receive the invite soon, you can initiate the PCC
As it only takes a week to get the Indian PCC for mist applicants. You can do it even after you get the invite.
However, be warned that in some cases if the IHC, need to get the approval from india, then it might take upto 2 months also, but that is rare

Cheers

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Ratnesh,

India PCC: Yes it can be done in Australia also. below is the procedure.

You can get India PCC outside India also, go to the local consulate of India in that city & they can get you one. My friend got himself one from India High Commission, Toronto. when he was in Toronto as he was getting his PR there for Canada.

USA PCC:
You will have to get Identity history summary done from FBI from Clarksburg, West Virginia. its simple, get your finger printing done on FD 258 card, ship them to USA. get it back in 3 months or before. Get it back to your friends or relative's address in USA or Canada if you have one. its faster that way, rather than shipping it to India & your friend/relative can send you scan copies.

For state you will have to check the site of state where you lived as each state is separate. I know about NJ & NY as I lived there. So better check local state police website.

Best is apply for PCC for USA once you file EOI as FBI will take time. As far as India is concerned, you can do it when invite comes but since you are applying for that outside India in Australia in India High Commission, I would recommend that you start that also when you file your EOI.

Rest is your choice, hope the above information helped you somehow.

cheers!!!
I have query on "finger printing done" part. How can we do this in india ? Some govt or private agencies done this ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts