Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all

I have been living in 3 countries since the past 10 years.
the requirements to apply a TR in australia is that you have to have a police certificate in the countries that you have lived for the past 10 years.

And honestly it is very troublesome for me if i have to visit each countries just to get their police certificate.

So my question is, can i just stated that i have been living in 1 country only when i am applying for the TR?? Or will the immigration know this?

·
Premium Member
1,721 Posts
Don't hide any information from the department, be honest please. You don't need to travel to each country to get PCC, most countries do provide Online option for non-citizens.

Girl Aussie

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dear all

the requirements to apply a TR in australia is that you have to have a police certificate in the countries that you have lived for the past 10 years.

And honestly it is very troublesome for me if i have to visit each countries just to get their police certificate.

So my question is, can i just stated that i have been living in 1 country only when i am applying for the TR?? Or will the immigration know this?
Be assured if caught misleading or lying about any information there can be serious repercussion. And may lead to ban on visa. As stated you can use the online services or ask to respective embassies if they can help.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
THE THUMB RULE for Australian PR is always be TRUTHFUL.

Won't your passport contain entry and exit stamp for the countries you have lived in and also VISA for those countries.

When the IMMI team does a check based on your Passport Number (Current / OLD), they would come to know that you have lived in 3 countries in the past 10 years.

Also check if these countries provide PCC ONLINE. AS MOST of the countries do this ONLINE.

Be rest assured that if you are caught, then they would BAN you from getting Australian VISA for LIFE (in extreme conditions).

Dear all

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Dear all

this is a recipe for disaster (PIC 4020 ban) .....

declare everything, go through the "troubles" to get the PCCs, rather than go through much worse troubles later on when you get banned, and potentially prosecuted and/or deported (if you're onshore) .....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts